THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

pne123

Knows what a fatty is.
I found someone that has a pile of used wine barrel oak slats and inserts (wood pieces in the barrel). It his scrap pieces but he is a junk seller so since I want them they are not free. He told be to make an offer. He has about two barrels full of 8" pieces. Most wear red wine. I know oak is good and being aged w/ red wine can not hurt so what do think i should offer him for the pile?

that is about what i was thinking. I was going to try 20 for the whole pile. I have not used much oak yet.

Thats a pretty good price. Here they cost about $15 for used barrels and you gotta cut em up.

Used Oak wine barrels show up on CL around here for @ $20- $40, from a local vintner, the next time I see them offered I'm jumping on them!

he sells 1/2 barrels for 25 and full ones for 65.... but these are just his scraps from cutting them in 1/2

my food is so good I would rather pay him cash.. OK, w/ two daughter under 4 and one more on the way any smoking i get a chance to do I am not giving away to strangers. i hardly get enough time to make stuff for me

Back