• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Fatties

true

16dec06_3-015.jpg

:biggrin:

Show-off :biggrin:

Last edited:
I found something out last week I bought some off brand sasuage very cheap lot of fat it turn out really good I think more fat makes a better fattie. beside the roll was just 1.69

Fatty on a Weber

I used the Jimmy Dean maple flavored sausage and stuffed them with Asiago cheese (shredded) and some finely diced jalapeno's. Then had them in the Weber for about an hour and a half as I was not able to maintain the temp at the 250 range but more in the 300-325 range. Used briquettes and some JD Wood Chips. Unreal!

Sometimes I just mix a log of sausage and log of turkey burger and mix it all up.
CornStove034.jpg

man, those were good.

flambe' fatty. i forgot all about that. it's back on the list! :biggrin:

bob evans was on sale at meijer today so i got 4 pounds...

My absolute favorite thus far is the buffalo fatty, filled with blue cheese crumbles, scalion and wrapped in a bacon weave.

applecheddarfattywbacon.jpg

I like to drizzle the slices in buffalo sauce and make a homeade blue cheese dip. Very yummy!

buffalobluecheesescalionfattycooked.jpg
:biggrin::biggrin:

Guess I shoulda took that underwater basket weaving class in college afterall. That bacon weave fatty looks awesome!!!!

I wonder if you could freeze some gravy and fill a fatty with the gravy ice cubes??

Stove Top stuffing would be good in there too.

I need to do some experimentation ASAP!!!

I stuffed a JD log with cornbread stuffing from thanksgiving (variation of Paula Deen's recipe). Amazing. The flavors were perfect for each other.

I also flattened a JD log and sprinkled with chunks of velveeta, fresh cheddar, and diced jalapenos then rolled and reshaped into a log. I put some nacho cheese doritos in a food processor with fresh cracked pepper. Rolled the log in this "breading." Faaaaantastic. This board inspires me try new things.

Fatty?

You people are evil BBQ genius!! I have got to try this. (Wiping drool) I am cooking for my son's college friends New Years Eve and this WILL be on the menu!

Back