The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Brethren Road Trips

Notices

Brethren Road Trips The travel logs of our members. Q- joints, restaurants, entertainment, reviews while we travel around the 50 states. Also, Post here for a shout out to members to meet up with while on the road.

Old 02-19-2018, 03:38 PM   #1
SirPorkaLot
Babbling Farker

Default Houston This Week

In Houston Monday - Thursday this week. Will be staying downtown at the Marriott.

Anything I shouldn't miss while I'm here?
-probably won't have a rental car, but always have Uber :)
Brethren Vendor Forum: Giveaways, & Brethren Only Discounts!
  • Naturiffic Harvest Brine Available Here
  • Get Q-Salt Here
SirPorkaLot is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-19-2018, 05:04 PM   #2
gtr
somebody shut me the fark up.

I've heard great things about Killen's in Pearland. Never been myself, but it's supposed to be really good.
50" Klose BYC, Spitjack XB85, 22.5 WSM, Backwoods Chubby, UDS, WRK, 26" & 22.5" Weber Kettles, Jumbo Joe, WGA, WSJ/MUDS, Jumbo Old Smokey, a piece of expanded metal I throw over the fire pit sometimes, Stealthy Black & Vol Orange Thermapens
Displaced East Tennesseean
Proud recipient of a Tick
Former outlaw MOINK baller, now IMBAS Certified, but still lookin' over my shoulder.
"Relax, it's only BBQ." - Bigmista, 2013
SPFP
WTFWGALD?
gtr is online now   Reply With Quote
Thanks from: --->
Old 02-20-2018, 05:28 AM   #3
Czarbecue
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Viet King Cong

Jackson Street BBQ is your best option in downtown if you don’t want to Uber. I’ve been there twice and got lucky with some good brisket slices. Sauce on the side for everything. It’s a bit odd.
Masterbuilt ThermoTemp
Weber Q2200
Tejas Smokers Triple Burner Hot Plate
Roccbox Pizza Oven
Blackstone 17" Griddle
Czarbecue is online now   Reply With Quote
Thanks from:--->
Old 02-20-2018, 09:27 AM   #4
RangerJ
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirPorkaLot View Post
In Houston Monday - Thursday this week. Will be staying downtown at the Marriott.

Anything I shouldn't miss while I'm here?
-probably won't have a rental car, but always have Uber :)
My former partner left to start his own gig. It was an amicable split before anyone asks.

He's popping up Wednesday's through Friday's, real close to where you are. Its in the parking lot where my old store used to be, in fact my neon sign is still there as I have not moved it to the new store yet.

He's at a place called Lucky's Lodge ( indoor seating) and his operation is known as Bucks BBQ. You can use my old address 2012 Rusk to find it. Only lunch on those days. If you go, ask for Jim, tell him Wes from Pappa Charlies sent ya'!

If you are searching for Que in the Evenings, while Jackson St. is the closest, I'd Uber out to either Pinkertons or the Pit Room.

Your also real close to Xochi which was recently named #1 by Texas Monthly and is owned by James Beard Winner, Hugo Ortega. Not Que, but a different spin on Mexican.

Lots of food options, tell us what your hungry for and I'll try and point you in the right direction. Supposed to rain all week, bring an umbrella!
RangerJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from: --->