MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Old 02-09-2018, 10:27 AM   #1
thirdeye
somebody shut me the fark up.

Talking Judging Opportunity ~ 3 European Comps & Beer Tour

Wow, beer and barbeque in Belgium and the Netherlands. Pretty cool deal for 12 lucky KCBS Judges. HERE is more info.

KCBS - CBJ
Big Green Eggs, Big Drum Smokers, Big Chiefs, Weber Smokey Joe "Custom Tall Boy"
Oil Patch Horizontal

Visit my Cookin' Site by clicking HERE
Barbecue is not rocket surgery
thirdeye is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->

Old 02-09-2018, 11:02 AM   #2
DUBBAGA
is Blowin Smoke!

They had me at "PURSE MUSEUM"

Humphrey's Long Weekender, UDS, Red Box Smoker, SJS/Tamale Pot Smoker, Weber Performer, Weber 18.5 OTS, Alton Brown Flower Pot Smoker (died), Blue Ember Gasser (died}

Member of the Hall of Zero's (Noobians v. Veterans Throwdown)
DUBBAGA is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 02-09-2018, 01:30 PM   #3
rob g
Full Fledged Farker

Wife and I already signed up to go over and do these two comps this year. Taking 2 weeks and touring with a rental car. Planning on a few days for some of the war sites such as Vimy Ridge and Passchendaele.
rob g is online now   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->
Old 02-09-2018, 03:52 PM   #4
thirdeye
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob g View Post
Wife and I already signed up to go over and do these two comps this year. Taking 2 weeks and touring with a rental car. Planning on a few days for some of the war sites such as Vimy Ridge and Passchendaele.
How do they select the lucky 12 people, or is it first to sign up?

KCBS - CBJ
Big Green Eggs, Big Drum Smokers, Big Chiefs, Weber Smokey Joe "Custom Tall Boy"
Oil Patch Horizontal

Visit my Cookin' Site by clicking HERE
Barbecue is not rocket surgery
thirdeye is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-09-2018, 04:04 PM   #5
rikun
On the road to being a farker

I can wholeheartedly recommend Tony Stone, it's a great contest to be part of (in any way) !

We've competed in it twice, sadly this year we need to skip it since we have so many already planned.

...And beer is always involved, especially in Belgium

Old 02-09-2018, 05:05 PM   #6
rob g
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdeye View Post
How do they select the lucky 12 people, or is it first to sign up?
By looking at their site I think it is the first 12 to sign up. It appears to be a commercial venture to me. I expect they hooked up with organizers to see if they would hold 12 judging seats for them. I think the Tony Stone is about a 60 team comp.

We went to England last spring to judge a comp and had a great time. We took 10 days and toured Wales the week before. The bbq was great quality. They didn't seem to spice the meat as heavy as we see here. The cook quality was spot on for most of the samples.
rob g is online now   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 02-09-2018, 09:21 PM   #7
erichasaces
Take a breath!

I really want to cook a contest in Europe this year. I'm spending a lot of time over there, and it would be a great experience. Just need to find some super nice person to hook me up with a smoker!
[URL="https://www.instagram.com/old99meatco/"]Instagram[/URL]
[URL="https://www.snapchat.com/add/old99meatco"]Snapchat[/URL]
erichasaces is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-09-2018, 10:06 PM   #8
Jousting Pigs

Name/Nickname : Big John

Quote:
Originally Posted by erichasaces View Post
I really want to cook a contest in Europe this year. I'm spending a lot of time over there, and it would be a great experience. Just need to find some super nice person to hook me up with a smoker!
I won an entry to a contest in Austria at the banquet. Wayne Lohman and the organizer are helping me find equipment. If you reach out to KCBS and/or the organizer they will help you find everything you need.
Jousting Pigs is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-10-2018, 08:12 AM   #9
Funtimebbq
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by erichasaces View Post
The Brew n' Q in England at the end of May has a sponsor that loans out Pro Q smokers to all who need them. I competed there last year and will do so again this year. It is held at the National Brewery Museum, so lots of beer if that's something your also interested in. This year my luggage consists of two Cambro 400 models with buyers ready on the other end. Helps defray the costs a little.
Funtimebbq is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-04-2018, 06:18 PM   #10
rikun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funtimebbq View Post
The Brew n' Q in England at the end of May has a sponsor that loans out Pro Q smokers to all who need them. I competed there last year and will do so again this year. It is held at the National Brewery Museum, so lots of beer if that's something your also interested in. This year my luggage consists of two Cambro 400 models with buyers ready on the other end. Helps defray the costs a little.
We'll be there as well, both invitational & open.

A lot of comps would be happy to help you out, they really like to have US teams over here. I know Tony Stone have had a few teams from CA for several years and I'm sure they've somehow helped them with the setup.

I think you would also find more buyers for Cambros, lol. Even we don't have one yet...

Also most of the other teams are really helpful if you ask them, that's how we've been able to compete.