The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Brethren Sales and Ventures > Brethren Ventures > OakRidge BBQ

Notices

Old 02-01-2018, 06:37 AM   #1
IamMadMan
somebody shut me the fark up.

Default Extremely Grateful.... Thank You Oakridge !!!

I am unable to put into words the gratitude and appreciation I (we) have for the actions of Oakridge BBQ Rubs.

A group of twenty one BBQ-Brethren had decided to send some rubs to a deployed unit in Afghanistan who needed some seasonings for their BBQ. With some outside input we determined that each cook would use under one pound of rub. we wrestled with the size of the packaging, and decided that one pound packages would be ideal for the recipients with their climate conditions of their living environment.

We took up a combined collection and we ordered about 24 one pound packages of rub from Oakridge. Mike from Oakridge was kind enough to offer us a discount because our order was going to a military unit in a combat zone. Mike then offered us free shipping, so we could turn the shipping fees into more product.

Oakridge was also quick to point out that if we ordered larger packages, we could get more rub for our money. I explained to Mike from Oakridge that we were aware of larger packaging, but with the high heat and humidity, would it really be a savings if the rub clumps up or hardened to an unusable state? Mike simply said, "OK, now I understand" and left things with our order as they were.

Let me start with a Big Thank You to Mike at Oakridge BBQ who gave us a discount for our Currently Deployed Military. Mike was not only generous enough to offer us a discount, but he also gave us FREE Priority Shipping to get the package to the final destination in a timely manner. The FREE Shipping allowed us to purchase extra rubs instead of paying for the shipping.

As our special order was custom blended, I received another call from Oakridge, Mike had stated that he understood our one pound packaging requirements and that Oakridge was also going to contribute to our donation as well. This was really great news for the 22 Brethren who came together to provide what we could for our Military currently in "harms way".

As I looked at the order I was in total shock; On top of the discount and free priority shipping, Oakridge had also contributed a substantial amount of rub to our donation to the deployed troops, thus turning our small order of rubs into a multitude of rubs.

Twenty One other BBQ-Brethren are unable to put into words the gratitude and the appreciation for the actions of Oakridge BBQ Rubs. We are at a loss for words with your generosity and support of our military personal and a fellow BBQ-Brethren.

Thank You very much Mike, for everything you and Oakridge have done to make this wonderful donation happen.

For those who are in awe over Oakridge BBQ's assistance in this matter, I would like to say that this is not the first time Oakridge has assisted me in getting rubs to our deployed troops. They are efficient, they are thorough, and they make a top notch quality product that anyone would be elated to receive. Kudos to Oakridge for all that you have done to support our Military Personal abroad as well as at home.

IamMadMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-01-2018, 10:34 AM   #2
daninnewjersey
Babbling Farker

Yeah Mike....THANK YOU for your generosity....really nice of you.....
Old 02-01-2018, 10:42 AM   #3
THoey1963

Name/Nickname : Terry

As much as we could say it is unexpected for a company to be that generous, the more I deal with Mike and Oakridge, the more I expect it, as they are just that way. Top that off with making some of the best commercial rubs and the market, and I know where I will continue to buy rubs from.

Thanks Mike.

Lone Star Grillz Insulated Cabinet Smoker / Weber Summit Charcoal Grilling (WSCG) Station / CyberQ / Slow N Sear with Drip N Griddle

WSCG Review HERE. WSM Mods HERE. My Brisket Guide HERE.
THoey1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from:--->
Old 02-01-2018, 10:47 AM   #4
cfrazier77
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : Craig

Mike,
You make an amazing product and it is worth every penny. Thank you for that but even thank you more for your kindness to our service men and women. Thank you!
Old 02-01-2018, 12:06 PM   #5
Grabnabber
is One Chatty Farker

Mike-

Thanks very much for helping make this happen and thanks for supporting our guys and gals overseas.

Weber OTG
Blackstone Griddle
Large BGE
Grabnabber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 12:46 PM   #6
chicagokp
Babbling Farker

Thanks for stretching our dollar! I know it means a lot to our service men and women. Appreciate your kindness and effort to get your awesome rubs in their hands! That was no small amount of product.
Weber Performer
22.5 Weber OTG
WGA Charcoal
Weber Genesis
chicagokp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 12:55 PM   #7
smokeacholic
Full Fledged Farker

A big THANK YOU MIKE at Oakridge for your contribution and generosity to this endeavor. It is greatly appreciated.
Old 02-01-2018, 01:08 PM   #8
SirPorkaLot
Babbling Farker

Way to go Mike!
Brethren Vendor Forum: Giveaways, & Brethren Only Discounts!
  • Naturiffic Harvest Brine Available Here
  • Get Q-Salt Here
SirPorkaLot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 03:42 PM   #9
Evil-g
is One Chatty Farker

Thanks to Oakridge, way to go.
Backyard Grill 26 inch
Pit Barrel Cooker
Evil-g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 05:17 PM   #10
stewartr002
On the road to being a farker

A big thank you to Mike and Oakridge for your outstanding generosity and fabulous BBQ products. The support you provide to our Service members does not go unnoticed. Many thanks!
Randy
Old 02-01-2018, 06:14 PM   #11
SmittyJonz

Old 02-01-2018, 09:53 PM   #12
ShadowDriver
Babbling Farker

Mike and company continue to be absolutely stellar in their support of both The Brethren and our men & women in uniform.

Words don't adequately express my appreciation for their product quality and outstanding customer service.

Bravo Zulu, Mike. Thanks for helping us take care of the troops in the field, and for taking good care of all of us back here at home, too!

Best regards,
Shadow / Marc
Old 02-01-2018, 11:27 PM   #13
silverfinger
Babbling Farker

Just seeing this. Thanks to the ones that pitched in to make this happen and to Mike who seems to always go above and beyond to bless those around him.

And it sure doesn't hurt that Mike has the best rubs in the country!

Smoking up the "Fattened Fat Of The Cow".
Got a stick-burner!
UDS In Progress: Thank's Q-Junky!
Blackstone griddle.
50 year Old Imperial Kamado with ears.
Fire pit. Weber Kettle.
silverfinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 12:46 AM   #14
R2Egg2Q
is Blowin Smoke!

Thanks Mike for going above and beyond expectations in your role in this!

BGEs: XL, Large, Small, Mini, Humphrey's Weekender, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 18.5" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA, Summit S-620 NG; custom BGE & Weber handles by brethren martyleach

CLICK HERE to join us in a BBQ Brethren Throwdown!
R2Egg2Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 03:30 PM   #15
rev0jace
On the road to being a farker

What an awesome cause. Hats off to Mike and the Brethren that put this together.
rev0jace is offline   Reply With Quote