Rudy's BBQ is disgusting

I have no real problem with either. I am not expecting great BBQ when I go there... just edible food and in my experience they provide that. That being said, Rudy's is definitely too expensive for LB priced meat IMHO given the quality.

Dickey's has really good jalapeno sausage. That is all. Brisket is unrecognizeable.

I’ve got a Dickies about 2 miles away. Never been. I seldom get brisket pork or ribs out but enjoy trying the different smoked links. I’m by there all the time.
I shall try it. Thanks. I’ve got to drive by a Rib Crib on my way. How’s their smoked sausages?

And Rudy’s, need to go by there grab some spicy sausage swing through Tyler’s get some pepper German. Windchill is minus 12. Have a date with a golfing buddy to do a mock concealed carry qualification course st 10am. Hope the indoor range has their heaters on.

I just realized thanks to this post that in a 5/7 mile loop I can hit Rudys-Tyler’s-Spicy Mikes - Dickies and Rib Crib.

SausageFest.

Last edited:
The sausage is available at WalMart in regular and hot varieties.

This may be common sense but their vacuum package is not sous vide safe. I left mine at 160F for a bit and the package unraveled. My kitchen smelled like a New York hot dog cart before I realized what happened.

I've been to several, including a couple in Houston, Dallas, and College Station. I have had excellent brisket at times, and so-so brisket at times. There can be inconsistencies at each location and between locations.

Private note to BobBrisket: I was taught that when making a boiled brisket sandwich, you do not butter the bun, as the butter sets up a protective layer, preventing the bun from taking up water during the boiling process. It defeats the purpose.

OMG, that’s killer right there!

We try to do things different every Sunday morning when it comes to tacos. Rudy’s tacos are actually tasty, given it’s leftover brisket.

5c12601ed09077f12c110d74a3239a4e.jpg

6f672d2b22997530031375ec0331368b.jpg

I've been to several, including a couple in Houston, Dallas, and College Station. I have had excellent brisket at times, and so-so brisket at times. There can be inconsistencies at each location and between locations.

I would agree with inconsistencies between locations. When we visit Texas, we usually visit the one northwest of San Antonio, never had a bad meal. I mean it's not outstanding, but it's very very good.

Back