MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 01-03-2018, 11:52 AM   #16
smoke ninja
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathicooks View Post
Just saw full packers here in the Elkridge MD Costco for the first time in over 5 years. At 2.99 per pound I bought 3. Hoping they weren’t a mistake. They seemed really fatty.
But for that price, I couldn’t say no. Fingers crossed. Anyone else find that the Costco briskets were exceptionally fatty?
Ive been cooking them here im the mitten for 2 years. Yes i feel they are more fatty than others. Notice it more on the larger one, smaller 12 lbs'ers aint so bad.

Still a decent value at 2.99 for the meat imo

Help us raise funds to feed our Veterans and Homeless HERE

www.gofundme.com/2s8fv5qs
smoke ninja is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->

Old 01-03-2018, 02:15 PM   #17
stangman327
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathicooks View Post
Just saw full packers here in the Elkridge MD Costco for the first time in over 5 years. At 2.99 per pound I bought 3. Hoping they weren’t a mistake. They seemed really fatty.
But for that price, I couldn’t say no. Fingers crossed. Anyone else find that the Costco briskets were exceptionally fatty?

Been getting them from there since the summer but the price was $3.99. During the winter months I guess they drop the price since the demand is lower.

M1
Hunsaker
Camp Chef Smoke Vault 24 propane smoker
Weber Genesis II LX S-340 Gas Grill w/iGrill probes
Lodge Cast iron sportsman's grill
Masterbuilt electric digital smoker
stangman327 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-05-2018, 02:34 PM   #18
BBQ_MAFIA

Maybe I will cookone this weekend.

Lang 60
Lang 84 Deluxe Warmer with Chargrill
Large Spicewine
Large BGE
XL - BGE
Med. BGE ( Bought it for my son Vincenzo)
Brinkman Snp
Brinkman ECB
GOSM
Weber Kettle
Kenmore Elite Gasser
Camp Chef Outdoor Stove
Blackstone Pizza Oven
Blackstone 36" Griddle
1-Banjo
BBQ_MAFIA is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-05-2018, 05:12 PM   #19
DanB
is One Chatty Farker

Default Costco

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQ_MAFIA View Post
Maybe I will cookone this weekend.
Hi Let us know the results....What Costco did get your brisket at? Was it Prime?
Thanks DanB

Old 01-05-2018, 05:40 PM   #20
Jason TQ

Love them so much. Picked one up today with diapers and cheese. Gonna get weird....er tomorrow!

3 Hunsaker Drums
Weber 18.5 Kettle
Big Green Egg XL
"Tenacious Q" Competition Team, Head Idiot
KCBS CBJ
Jason TQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-09-2018, 09:17 AM   #21
DanB
is One Chatty Farker

Default Costco Prime Brisket

Hi All Any one in North Jersey go too Costco in Hackensack or Teterboro for prime brisket..If so let me know how you made out?
Thanks DanB

Old 01-09-2018, 01:21 PM   #22
DanB
is One Chatty Farker

Default Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanB View Post
Hi All Any one in North Jersey go too Costco in Hackensack or Teterboro for prime brisket..If so let me know how you made out?
Thanks DanB

Hi All I was in the Teterboro NJ Costco today. NO prime briskets, choice flats were $7.99 lb.
I'm NOT a member, went in as a guest.
Do you have to have a business to join as business member?
DanB
PS Costco must be doing some thing right, the place was mobbed..Long lines for check out, I thought Restaurant Depot was bad. Long lines for new membership.

Last edited by DanB; 01-09-2018 at 02:33 PM..
DanB is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-09-2018, 03:03 PM   #23
MeatyOakerSmoker
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Hi All I was in the Teterboro NJ Costco today. NO prime briskets, choice flats were $7.99 lb.
DanB
PS Costco must be doing some thing right, the place was mobbed..Long lines for check out, I thought Restaurant Depot was bad. Long lines for new membership.
To reiterate they only have them in the business centers like Hackensack not Teterboro
18.5" WSM (Model #2820)
UDS
La Caja China
COS - Oklahoma Joe Highlander
Lang 48 Patio
Formerly known as IbrahimSS
MeatyOakerSmoker is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 01-09-2018, 04:15 PM   #24
DanB
is One Chatty Farker

Default Costco Prime Brisket

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeatyOakerSmoker View Post
To reiterate they only have them in the business centers like Hackensack not Teterboro
I was close by the Teterboro store so I went in a took a look around.
Thanks DanB
PS What do you need to become a business member?

Old 01-09-2018, 06:04 PM   #25
MeatyOakerSmoker
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
I was close by the Teterboro store so I went in a took a look around.
Thanks DanB
PS What do you need to become a business member?
Not a clue. But I have one so shouldn’t be a problem. I wound up in the ER last week so I couldn’t take you then. I’ll try this week again.
18.5" WSM (Model #2820)
UDS
La Caja China
Lang 48 Patio

Old 01-09-2018, 06:51 PM   #26
DanB
is One Chatty Farker

Hi Hope very thing is alright !! Don't worry about Costco..We'll get there one of these days..
Thanks DanB

Old 01-10-2018, 01:10 PM   #27
bergenguy
On the road to being a farker

Quote:
DanB
I just got back from Hackensack, the answer is "yes" and "no" they have them. Currently the only packers on the shelf are Choice "National" brand at $2.89 a pound.

I talked to the meat department guy and here is the story I got. They currently have 2 cases of Prime Briskets "In the Back" on hold for a customer order. There are none available for just walking in and purchasing.

He went on to say that they do not regularly carry the prime briskets, but if you wanted to order by the case it is something they could work out. As of now, there is not enough demand to justify buying prime briskets to put on the shelf as they are so expensive (he said about $4/lb). They are trying to build up their business (most of their meat sales are delivery orders now, and I can attest the store was EMPTY) and if they can generate more foot traffic they will start adding more product. So he suggested calling back in a few months and checking in.

So for now, they only have Choice Briskets available. On the plus side, they do have whole pork bellies (skin on and off) which you don't see that often. He said they always have them as he has a customer who goes through about a 1000lbs a week.
bergenguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-10-2018, 03:54 PM   #28
DanB
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bergenguy View Post
I just got back from Hackensack, the answer is "yes" and "no" they have them. Currently the only packers on the shelf are Choice "National" brand at $2.89 a pound.

I talked to the meat department guy and here is the story I got. They currently have 2 cases of Prime Briskets "In the Back" on hold for a customer order. There are none available for just walking in and purchasing.

He went on to say that they do not regularly carry the prime briskets, but if you wanted to order by the case it is something they could work out. As of now, there is not enough demand to justify buying prime briskets to put on the shelf as they are so expensive (he said about $4/lb). They are trying to build up their business (most of their meat sales are delivery orders now, and I can attest the store was EMPTY) and if they can generate more foot traffic they will start adding more product. So he suggested calling back in a few months and checking in.

So for now, they only have Choice Briskets available. On the plus side, they do have whole pork bellies (skin on and off) which you don't see that often. He said they always have them as he has a customer who goes through about a 1000lbs a week.
Hi Thanks for update..Bummer bout the prime briskets. I was looking forward to trying one..Looks like in the Costco's mid west are getting $2.99
for prime briskets..Shame we can't get here in NNJ. Well it looks like it is back to Restaurant Depot for my Angus briskets.
DanB

Old 01-10-2018, 06:26 PM   #29
MeatyOakerSmoker
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bergenguy View Post

Truly annoying especially considering I was told they have 78 of them on hand dr sale. Maybe splitting a case is a possibility.
18.5" WSM (Model #2820)
UDS
La Caja China
Lang 48 Patio

Old 01-12-2018, 02:10 PM   #30
MeatyOakerSmoker
is one Smokin' Farker

Dudes... the manager called me... it's $3.49 a pound, he would need a heads up prior, and he would prefer we split a case... damn good price me thinks but I have 4 briskets at the moment so I'm not quite ready to go in
18.5" WSM (Model #2820)
UDS
La Caja China
Lang 48 Patio