MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Brethren Road Trips

Notices

Brethren Road Trips The travel logs of our members. Q- joints, restaurants, entertainment, reviews while we travel around the 50 states. Also, Post here for a shout out to members to meet up with while on the road.

Old 12-12-2017, 11:10 AM   #16
Gore
Phizzy

Location: Hiding out from blood suck ghost snake gods, Nazis and scrap iron chefs trying to harvest body parts
Name/Nickname : Gore (surprise!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtr View Post
For the record, I really like Bojangle's and Popeyes's.
Cool, that's great, cause there's one just a block from my hotel and I noticed the prices were a bit more reasonable than those of the Commander's Palace.
(='.'=) This is the rabbit baby. Invests him in yours signature,
(")_(") and the help rabbit baby takes over control of the world!
Hmmmm, I wonder, WWGALD? Avatar courtesy of Grillman and NorthwestBBQ

Promoted by Bigabyte to "Idiot #1" , and dubbed "Phizzy" by Sir Ron.
Gore is online now   Reply With Quote
Thanks from:--->

Old 12-12-2017, 11:14 AM   #17
gtr
somebody shut me the fark up.

^^^yup. think of it as "buy one, get 75 free." And no jacket required.
50" Klose BYC, Spitjack XB85, 22.5 WSM, Backwoods Chubby, UDS, WRK, 26" & 22.5" Weber Kettles, Jumbo Joe, WGA, WSJ/MUDS, Kanka Grill, a piece of expanded metal I throw over the fire pit sometimes, Stealthy Black & Vol Orange Thermapens
Displaced East Tennesseean
Proud recipient of a Tick
Former outlaw MOINK baller, now IMBAS Certified, but still lookin' over my shoulder.
"Relax, it's only BBQ." - Bigmista, 2013
SPFP
WTFWGALD?
gtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 02:37 PM   #18
akoda
is one Smokin' Farker

I think I went there, had buckets of mudbugs, loved it but I bet there are many places like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtr View Post
I've only been a couple times and am not too knowledgeable about the restuarants, but one of the best meals I had was at a place we just ran across and didn't really look like a restaurant at all - broken screen door, no sign, etc. We were curious, looked inside, saw tables, and went in and sat our arses down and proceeded to eat an incredible meal. So go there and you'll be glad you did.
Weber 18
Smokey Joe
Weber Genesis Gasser
Superfast Red Thermopen

Old Church, Va
akoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 04:01 PM   #19
toymaster
is One Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Turkey Master

This is all walking distance in The French Quarter

Get a muffuletta from Central Grocery or Johnny Po Boys
Go to Café Du Monde for beignets
Go to Deja Vu on Dauphine St - order the alligator balls (this place is a dive but it's open 24/7 and the drinks are CHEAP!)
Coop's is good for lunch
GO TO MOTHER"S FOR BREAKFAST - This is the only place I go for breakfast (not in the Quarter but I would crawl on my hands and knees to get there - it's a couple of blocks in the CBD)

This is my first 24 hours when I get there. Thank me later.
Beam's SG-01 Offset Smoker (Brenda), Chargriller Akorn (Vanessa), Backwoods Party (Victoria), Humphrey Weeble (Deedra), Brinkmann Grill King Deluxe (Baby), Weber Smokey Joe (Gretchen), Mini BGE (Keisha)

USMC - Not as lean, not as mean - Still A MARINE!
If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly
toymaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 04:08 PM   #20
toymaster
is One Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Turkey Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gore View Post
Thanks all, just for the record, I'm well aware that Bojangles is a chain; however, I did discover another local restaurant that is famous for their fried chicken called Popeyes. I haven't been there yet, but figured I should give it a try.

Despite nobody mentioning Popeyes yet, I did get some excellent advice and know because I did try a few places mentioned already, including Mother's, Cafe du Monde, and Central Grocery. Anyway, I'll see how many of these other places I can squeeze in. I'm also at the conference center during the day. I noticed there is the Ugly Dog Saloon and BBQ just two blocks away. Is this ok for a quick lunch?
Yes, go to The Ugly Dog Saloon. The locals go there for lunch and the BBQ is decent. Cochon is across the street. If you go to Cochon, get the fried alligator with chili garlic mayonnaise. I would eat my shoe if it was covered in that chili garlic mayonnaise . Cochon is Donald Link's restaurant and he is a legend down there.
Beam's SG-01 Offset Smoker (Brenda), Chargriller Akorn (Vanessa), Backwoods Party (Victoria), Humphrey Weeble (Deedra), Brinkmann Grill King Deluxe (Baby), Weber Smokey Joe (Gretchen), Mini BGE (Keisha)

USMC - Not as lean, not as mean - Still A MARINE!
If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly
toymaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 05:52 PM   #21
1MoreFord
is One Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Joe

Fried chicken in New Orleans. Willie Mae's Scotch House by all accounts or Dooky Chase Restaurant.

OK Joe Longhorn & Original Ok Joe Vertical Roasting Oven hybrid, Char Griller Akorn, Falcon MK V gaseous grill
1MoreFord is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 11:27 PM   #22
Czarbecue
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Viet King Cong

Brother's Fried Chicken... yes, the fried chicken from the gas station. Way better than Popeye's if you are going for that spicy type.
Masterbuilt ThermoTemp
Weber Q2200
Tejas Smokers Triple Burner Hot Plate
Roccbox Pizza Oven
Blackstone 17" Griddle
Czarbecue is offline   Reply With Quote