The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Catering, Food Handling and Awareness > Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses.

Notices

Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses. this forum is OnTopic. A resource to help with catering, vending and just cooking for large parties. Topics to include Getting Started, Ethics, Marketing, Catering resources, Formulas and recipes for cooking for large groups.

Old 10-16-2017, 12:29 PM   #1
HBMTN
is One Chatty Farker

Default Commercial Dishwashers

Talk to me, are they worth it? I'm getting really tired of my dish washing guy and I have decided to fire myself and perhaps get a commercial dishwasher. I would need to go with a low temp unit as my state has restrictions on hi temp units having hood systems, etc. Plus they are very expensive. I've found a unit that I like and it made by Noble does anyone have experience with these commercial units and are they worth it? I don't want to spend $3k only to find I still need to hand wash because stuff does not get clean. The description says it can wash 39 loads an hour. This would be nice!! Thoughts?

Old 10-17-2017, 09:59 AM   #2
minAL
Knows what a fatty is.

I rent mine for less than $100 a month. They come and service it every quarter. This is the only bill I pay monthly that I don't mind paying. Ecolab is the company.
minAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 03:00 PM   #3
HBMTN
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by minAL View Post
I rent mine for less than $100 a month. They come and service it every quarter. This is the only bill I pay monthly that I don't mind paying. Ecolab is the company.
So if I understand you correctly they are worth it and clean well? Is your a low temp unit?
Old 10-18-2017, 05:42 AM   #4
minAL
Knows what a fatty is.

Yes. Very worth it to me. I still have someone wash the dishes off, then load into machine. I'll have to check on low temp. My water going in is 135 degrees and I have to use a sanitizer so it may be low temp unit.
Old 10-18-2017, 09:11 AM   #5
HBMTN
is One Chatty Farker

Okay that is a low temp unit by my understanding if it uses a sanitizer. The ho temp units I don't believe use a sanitizer but do so with heat. Thanks for the info!!
Old 10-18-2017, 09:10 PM   #6
minAL
Knows what a fatty is.

I just looked at this conversation and realized it could be misunderstood that I am pushing ecolab. There are other companies that will do it. In fact every food distributor has a program.
Old 10-20-2017, 07:02 AM   #7
Bbq Bubba
somebody shut me the fark up.

Yes. Don't purchase when you can lease for minimal cost and they will handle all the maintenance for you. I also use Ecolab.
Michigan State Lead-Operation BBQ Relief
www.operationbbqrelief.com
#detroitporkmafia
BBQ Person of the Year 2013
Bbq Bubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 09:11 PM   #8
HBMTN
is One Chatty Farker

Doing some research on leasing vs buying and I spoke with a Ecolab rep today and he is supposed to be getting me some info and pricing. I came across some info that many restaurants will wash 6000-10,000 loads per month on average. I'm guessing that I'd wash no more than 100 loads a week. Would this change your opinion on a lease vs buying? From the research I've done it seems that companies like Ecolab are not in the dishwasher lease business but actually in the chemical sales business. I don't need other chemicals for bathrooms, ect. how will this affect a relationship with them once they find out I'm not buying near the chemicals that they are used to others buying?
Old 10-25-2017, 03:50 AM   #9
ynotfehc
Full Fledged Farker

Instead of leasing and eventually paying way more than the machine is worth, ask about service plans. I dont know what they run, but I know I've worked for companies that have had them and they weren't leased machines.
ynotfehc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 05:48 PM   #10
HBMTN
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ynotfehc View Post
Instead of leasing and eventually paying way more than the machine is worth, ask about service plans. I dont know what they run, but I know I've worked for companies that have had them and they weren't leased machines.
I think that is going to be my plan. After getting prices today from Ecolab they want $94 per month to lease/rent a unit but they also require a minimum purchased of chemicals per month of $125. That is probably not bad for a 7 day a week restaurant but I think I'm going to buy a unit and get a service plan.
Old 10-25-2017, 07:59 PM   #11
ynotfehc
Full Fledged Farker

Definitely look i to other chemical suppliers too, Ecolab produces many different brand labels and then sells them to Sysco, US, Reinhart, even our paper supply company sells one of their other brand names. The other brands are usually a fraction of the price for the Ecolab brand name
ynotfehc is offline   Reply With Quote