• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

THE Shirley Fabrication Photo Thread

You guys got me wanting one of these things sooo bad it hurts, now stop this insanity or I can not be held responsible for my actions :oops:

Larry

Thanks the responses all.

A couple more questions - I’m thinking of getting an insulated fb - is this a worthwhile upgrade?

Also anyone who has the griddle pan - opinions and pics?
Finally - Fire box searing station - pics so I can see what it looks like?

Insulated Firebox is a great upgrade if you plan to smoke when the weather is below 20 degrees. If you're only smoking in the Bay Area of CA I would say don't waste the money.

Insulated Firebox is a great upgrade if you plan to smoke when the weather is below 20 degrees. If you're only smoking in the Bay Area of CA I would say don't waste the money.

This is exactly what Tyler told me earlier this week as I live in Sarasota.

Insulated fb has other benefits other than cold weather cooking. Heck they'll cook just fine with the standard fb in cold weather. To me the real benefit is the paint doesn't peel and it's not gonna burn anybody that bumps into it.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Insulated fb has other benefits other than cold weather cooking. Heck they'll cook just fine with the standard fb in cold weather. To me the real benefit is the paint doesn't peel and it's not gonna burn anybody that bumps into it.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

And the reason I was considering it, and still am, is wood is expensive down here (of course hurricane Irma helped for the short term).

Had a drop-off catering gig today doing ribs and wings for 100 people. Received the following comment from the client:

"Mike, will do a full review either tonight or tomorrow. Food was amazing! Thank you for the service! Not a single bit of disappointment! It was everything I've heard about and then some! Thank you again!"

I can get in to these drop-off gigs. Cook, load in foil pans, into the Cambros, and deliver. No clean-up other than the smoker.

Paul and Tyler built me one hell of a rib and wing cooking machine.

Edit: Why the hell did the photo show up upside down?

Last edited:
FIFY

RCsVnuWg.jpg

What’s tyler normal response time to emails? I sent a couple last week, no response as yet and I don’t want to hassle him.

Back