MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Brethren Sales and Ventures > Brethren Ventures > The Atlanta BBQ Store

Notices

The Atlanta BBQ Store The Atlanta BBQ Store offers a great selection of rubs, sauces, injections and accessories at competitive prices with lightning fast and reasonable shipping. In addition, ABS is a dealer for Humphrey’s Smokers (vertical water cookers) and Deep South Smokers (gravity fed), providing a resource for those interested in either of these top notch cookers. Check back here often for Brethren only discounts, sales, and updates on new products!

Old 06-07-2017, 04:32 PM   #1
IamMadMan
somebody shut me the fark up.

Default Best Customer Service yet from a BBQ Distributor

I am still in awe over the customer service afforded me by a BBQ Distributor, and I am at a loss for words.

I am getting ready to leave for a trip to Germany, Bavaria, Austria, and Switzerland. I wanted to take some items with me but I am running out of room in my suit case for half gallon jugs of sauce. So I thought, why not send them directly to my son's APO box and save the hassle of transporting it.

I messaged Randy from the Atlanta BBQ Store asking about APO shipping along with the items I wanted to order and the address I wanted to ship them to. Not sure if he could ship the order as I had requested, and I did not tell him that due my procrastination I am almost near the last few days to ship.

I returned home from work to find an e-mail that it was no problem to ship to an APO / FPO address. That was great news... But as I read further into the message I saw that Randy had already shipped the package for me, thus expediting the shipment to arrive a couple days prior to my arrival. This alleviates the back and forth conversations to get the package shipped.

I truly appreciate a vendor who is here to serve me as a valued customer; But I also appreciate the fact that the person receiving the order, can also quickly facilitate the task of shipping the order for me in a timely manner.

Keep in mind that I never mentioned that I needed the order expedited in any of my conversations, as I was saving that part of the discussion when I received notification of the fact that they did ship to an APO....

This is totally awesome and by far the best customer service I have ever received from any BBQ Supply Distributor!!!

Thanks a million Randy, I truly appreciate your speedy fast service. Your service was so remarkable, I am at a loss for words, other than Thank You, which I feel is an inferior response to such superior customer service.
IamMadMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-07-2017, 04:56 PM   #2
ronbrad62
is One Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Ron

That sounds awesome. Now, there is no reason not to have good bbq while you are abroad. Kudos to Randy, and even though I have yet to do business with him, he just leapfrogged everyone that I have in the past.
Old 06-07-2017, 05:07 PM   #3
frognot

Name/Nickname : Charles

Strong work there!

Pics from 2018 SoCal Bash (link)

Large Big Green Egg

"If you really care about this place, you'll show some respect for it." deguerre

"Bludawg looks just like I thought he would. Frognot looks like Tuffy Stone's dad!" aawa
frognot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 05:42 PM   #4
LMAJ

I love great customer service!
1 Large BGE and table - 8/29/12
1300 Timberline 5/26/17
1 18.5 WSM
Super Fast BLUE and REDThermopen
1 - Fantastic hubby - the original Big Al
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things. - Robert Brault
LMAJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 02:55 PM   #5
cpw
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Chad

Randy is really great to work with. One of the best things I like about ordering from him is that he'll deliver to any contest he's going to (sometimes even ones he's not), which doesn't save him any time/effort but saves me on shipping.
Yoder YS640
Savannah, GA
Yes, Dear BBQ on Facebook
Proudly sponsored by Royal Oak Charcoal, Deep South Smokers, and The Atlanta BBQ store
cpw is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from:--->
Old 06-08-2017, 04:18 PM   #6
PatAttack

Randy is the man!

Glad he could come through for you again, Bob!

I remember you having problems a while back with some other Vendors and Randy came to the rescue! His service is impeccable.
Weber SJS
KCBS CBJ

"You have never lived until you have almost died". "For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the protected will never know".-Unknown Vietnam Soldier
PatAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 07:31 AM   #7
IamMadMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatAttack View Post
Randy is the man!

Glad he could come through for you again, Bob!

I remember you having problems a while back with some other Vendors and Randy came to the rescue! His service is impeccable.

Yes I have had problems with other distributors not following directions as to addresses and enclosures.... I have never had a problem with Atlanta BBQ Store following any of my requests or directions. It's refreshing to have someone who actually sees the customer and listens to them, rather than just seeing a sale at hand.

I agree about his service being impeccable......... It's like he can read my mind and think one step ahead of me. I may pay a couple cents more on an item or two if compared to others, but the speed of shipping and absolute quality far exceeds the value of a extra few cents.

What is amazing with his service, is that 5 years ago, I tried to send some rubs to my son stationed in Korea from another Brethren Distributor. They were not sure if they could ship to an APO / FPO (which is a legitimate US Mail address). Sadly the other distributor was going to call me back and let me know... 5 years later - I am still waiting for that call... However after a couple days it was obvious they had dropped the ball and I made other arrangement to ship to the deployed troops for their holiday cook. Yet Atlanta BBQ Store managed to ship the same day as I asked....

Randy if far beyond what any other distributor offers in customer service and in product line selection. In fact I no longer look to see what other distributors offer, Atlanta BBQ Store is the only one in my opinion.

IamMadMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 08:24 AM   #8
daninnewjersey
Babbling Farker

Too cool Bob....love hearing stories like that.
Old 06-09-2017, 08:29 AM   #9
Jrogers84
is One Chatty Farker

God to know. Ill go take a gander at his site. We should make a sticky thread to promote good CS......Ill gladly give my business to someone over the reviews of CS on this site....
Jrogers84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 10:56 AM   #10
cats49er
is One Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Stacy Robertson

Sounds like he has a lot of pride in himself and his work.Not many left around anymore.
Old 06-09-2017, 04:06 PM   #11
nmeyer414
is one Smokin' Farker