Sunday Tailgate - Like a Boss!

Smoke Dawg

Quintessential Chatty Farker

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
IMF
It’s Football Sunday but my Team plays Monday night!
Still gotta watch football and well……………………we gotta eat, might as well cook up some tailgate food! And enter the Tailgate like a Boss TD.

Start with the players for a Dungeness Crab / Artichoke dip

View attachment 135155

Next the players for Hot Wings, Oyster Bombs, and Scallop Bombs!

View attachment 135156

To build the Oyster Bombs, start with a ½ slice of bacon, add a small oyster, a dab of butter, thin sliced garlic, and seasoning. This is Johnny’s seasoning. Sometimes I use Montreal seasoning

View attachment 135157

Fold the bacon over like a wrap and gather the foil up to hold it all together in a little cooking pod.

View attachment 135158

Same thing for the Scallops but use a full strip of Bacon and use a tooth pick to hold the bacon on. The foil will be lose and open on the top for the scallops to crisp the bacon

View attachment 135159

Bombs on the GMG with Apple.

View attachment 135160

Wings were marinated with a mesquite marinade and on the Weber with the Stok grate coal holder upside down similar to a vortex.

View attachment 135161

When the wings were almost done, hit them for a few in the vortex inferno to sear and crisp

View attachment 135162

Added the wing sauce. A mixture of Franks, Sriracha, Garlic, smoked and ground peppers of a few variety, and a little butter. Blended the sauce on the wings

View attachment 135163

Back on the Weber to set the sauce

View attachment 135164

A second round of sauce and back on the Weber to set the last round of sauce.

View attachment 135165

Wings are done

View attachment 135166

Plated with some bread and crackers for the crab dip and some veggies with blue cheese, just because!

View attachment 135167

Here is a closer look at the finished products – Crab Artichoke dip.

View attachment 135168

Hot Wings

View attachment 135169

Oyster bombs

View attachment 135170

Scallop Bombs

View attachment 135171

My hands were a mess stuffing my face with all this good stuff so not much eating pictures – Here is a Scallop Bomb!

View attachment 135172

Another shot of the plate that filled me up quickly

View attachment 135173

The wings had a good heat level and the rest was mild so alternating kept this pretty even. This was a ton of food and there will be some for the encore performance Monday night. Also have some Prime Rib Sliders for tomorrow but the TD will be over. Hope all your teams won today!
Thanks for Lookin
SD

Last edited:
Nice looking plate
Everyone talks about the vortex and it makes me want one as well.

Smoke Dawg

Your bite shot of the scallop brought tears to my eyes and saliva to my tastebuds. Wow that is a great looking tailgate cook. Thanks for sharing
Mrs B

Smoke Dawg

Your bite shot of the scallop brought tears to my eyes and saliva to my tastebuds. Wow that is a great looking tailgate cook. Thanks for sharing
Mrs B

Thanks Mrs B

Your tailgate spread looks mighty fine also! It's OK to call it quiche !

Back