The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, Equipment and just outdoor cookin' in general, hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures... but stay on topic. And watch for that hijacking.

Unread 03-10-2007, 06:50 PM   #46
QansasjayhawQ
is One Chatty Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meat Burner
I AM SCARED!!! First time firing a Bandara. Goiin for the GOLD. Brisket, pork butt. ribs (after sunrise) chickeeeeen whenever. Mods to the "Dera" and am going for it. Temp fire baslet to see of I can sleep more than 30 mins. betweenn fuelinging, YOUR THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS ARE WELCOME.
I can tell you that, the times when I'm out back all on my own, the wifey and the son asleep . . . the daughter's already moved out . . . these are the times when I can focus, concentrate on cooking up some good grub!

I also enjoy the mental space of being out back with the smoker . . . and nothing else to be or worry about or anything really.

Relax!
http://www.moocowbbq.com/
Two Weber 22.5" kettles One Brinkmann Smoke'N PitMaster Deluxe One LARGE WSM! (special black glossy finish) w/Stoker! WooHoo! KCBS Member/KCBS Master CBJ #24295
Sweaty, smokey and enjoying every minute.
QansasjayhawQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-10-2007, 07:01 PM   #47
Kevin
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by QansasjayhawQ
I can tell you that, the times when I'm out back all on my own, the wifey and the son asleep . . . the daughter's already moved out . . . these are the times when I can focus, concentrate on cooking up some good grub!

I also enjoy the mental space of being out back with the smoker . . . and nothing else to be or worry about or anything really.

Relax!
Seconded

Unread 03-10-2007, 07:20 PM   #48
Meat Burner

Oh yeah, time for some serious relaxing!!! Just dumped the charcoal to get the heat going. Goin to have a great evening...and morning. Meat on in about half hour.

NB Bandera with mods
Weber 22 .5" x 2, 26.75" x 1
UDS x 3
KCBS CBJ
Created "The Great Spam Revelation of 2011."
www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=111155
Meat Burner is online now   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-10-2007, 07:37 PM   #49
Ron_L

Downloads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin
Seconded
Thirded!

I smell like smoke! Woo hoo!

Unwrap me!
Smoke me!
Eat me!

The Naked Fatty!

FEC-100/BWS Party/Memphis Pro SS/PBC/LBGE X 2/SBGE/Mini BGE/Nomad Pellet-matic/Good-One Model 42/WSM X 2/Cookshack Smokette 008/Weber Performer/Saber Cast 500/Weber Gasser (RIP)/Weber Kettle X 2/Weber Smokey Joe/WGA/UDS/Coffee Roasting Gasser

Remembering a friend
Ron_L is online now   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-10-2007, 07:54 PM   #50
jacob
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron_L
Care to share the recipe? I'm an apple butter freak!
Not really a recipe to it. Now my wife when she bakes it's all from scratch from start to finish. Me I have to cheat a little when it comes to cake.
What I did was take two boxes of duncan hines moist yellow cake mix. Mix and cook according to box instructions. Buy a lg. jar of apple Butter REfrigerate so it will thicken. This makes 4 layers btw. When cake is done I start with the first layer and poke small pencil size holes all it to allow AB to soak in a little more. Pour enough AB over the top ,spread evenly allowing excess to run over the sides. Repeat this with remaining layers. don't try to do sides the run over will be plenty. Simple but darn good.
Brethren for Life
Bobby
jacob is online now   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-10-2007, 08:26 PM   #51
Ron_L

Sounds good, Bobby! I'll have to try that.

Here's rounds one and two of the food p*rn!

The Fatty Trilogy. Same order, stuffed italian, bacon wrapped turkey and maple. They look darker in the pic than they really were.

The Italian stuffed tasted great, but the cheese oozed out. My wife and i both really liked the bacon wrapped turkey fatty, and the maple was good as usual.

Next was the turds. They tasted great, but these were some hot japs! These required two beers!

Finally, the chickens... We ate one for dinner and the other is going into the freezer.

The butts and briskets are foiled and should be coming out soon.

Unwrap me!
Smoke me!
Eat me!

The Naked Fatty!

FEC-100/BWS Party/Memphis Pro SS/PBC/LBGE X 2/SBGE/Mini BGE/Nomad Pellet-matic/Good-One Model 42/WSM X 2/Cookshack Smokette 008/Weber Performer/Saber Cast 500/Weber Gasser (RIP)/Weber Kettle X 2/Weber Smokey Joe/WGA/UDS/Coffee Roasting Gasser

Remembering a friend

Unread 03-10-2007, 08:32 PM   #52
Kevin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron_L
Sounds good, Bobby! I'll have to try that.

Here's rounds one and two of the food p*rn!

The Fatty Trilogy. Same order, stuffed italian, bacon wrapped turkey and maple. They look darker in the pic than they really were.

The Italian stuffed tasted great, but the cheese oozed out. My wife and i both really liked the bacon wrapped turkey fatty, and the maple was good as usual.

Next was the turds. They tasted great, but these were some hot japs! These required two beers!

Finally, the chickens... We ate one for dinner and the other is going into the freezer.

The butts and briskets are foiled and should be coming out soon.

You, Sir, are a farker. I'm sitting here eating Doritoes. All looks great Ron.

Unread 03-10-2007, 08:46 PM   #53
jacob
Babbling Farker

Brother Ron, Them pics look awesome. The one weekend I get to go all out and I can't even post any pictures. Next thing on my list is my own digital camera. I forgot that the wife was taking her's with her to take pics of the new baby. Today has been great, I spent the morning shopping for my meats and supplies. Then spent the rest of the day preparing everything. I decided to start cooking early and deliver the trays right after sunday service. My loan officer attends my church anyway. It will be a nice surprise for him. He truly is a good person and has helped me a lot more than he should have over the years. That's the real purpose of the tray, just another well derserved thankyou.

Unread 03-10-2007, 08:48 PM   #54
thillin
somebody shut me the fark up.

Looks great Ron. We had grilled chicken boobs from the freezer. They were the last of the ones I used Plowboy's Yardbird rub sample on. Rain forcast for tomorrow, no cooking here. Today was a real nice 85 with a slight breeze....
Mini BGE-adopted 1/31/08 CL Score
Traeger 075-adopted 12/3/11 CL Score
Weber 1 touch CL Score
Weber Spirit 500 CL Score
Weber Smokey Joe Silver CL Score
BLUE & RED Thermapens
Klose 20x42-SOLD

Paddlin Pigs BBQ
Ty
thillin is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-10-2007, 08:56 PM   #55
jacob
Babbling Farker

Any of you Brothers got any Ideals on bbq beans. My thought was to mix up like bake beans and just let simmer on stove. I was planning to use the trimmings from spares after their smoked and add to part along with sauce. Is this something that might work out ok. Any thoughts or ideals.

Unread 03-10-2007, 09:06 PM   #56
Kevin

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacob65
Any of you Brothers got any Ideals on bbq beans. My thought was to mix up like bake beans and just let simmer on stove. I was planning to use the trimmings from spares after their smoked and add to part along with sauce. Is this something that might work out ok. Any thoughts or ideals.
Make this one and you'll ask me to marry you.
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...ans#post256593

Unread 03-10-2007, 09:11 PM   #57
Ron_L

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin
Make this one and you'll ask me to marry you.
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...ans#post256593
Dem's some good beans, but do you really want to marry Kevin?

Try these...

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...7&postcount=23

Originally posted on the Virtual Weber Bullet forum by Keri C. No marraige necessary

Unwrap me!
Smoke me!
Eat me!

The Naked Fatty!

Remembering a friend

Unread 03-10-2007, 09:17 PM   #58
jacob
Babbling Farker

Hadn't thought about puttting the pot under the meats while smoking. That's a farking good ideal. I already bought a #10 can of reg. pork&beans But I have all the other ingredents on hand. I will give this a go. Thanks Brother. This is what makes this site so great.
Brethren for Life.

P.S. Does anyone know how I can print a single post from a page without it printing the whole page. It will save me either a lot of ink and or writing.

Unread 03-10-2007, 09:23 PM   #59
jacob
Babbling Farker

Fark, I am going to have to get another can of beans, Its all sounds to good to pass up. After eating all this wife will be happy she's gone for a week.

Unread 03-10-2007, 09:28 PM   #60
Kevin

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacob65

P.S. Does anyone know how I can print a single post from a page without it printing the whole page. It will save me either a lot of ink and or writing.
Copy and paste into wordpad. I save all of the great recipes posted here in that fashion. Create a folder in "My Documents" for recipes, then create sub folders for the different categories. I've been doing it like this for years. I'm sure there are other methods, that is what works for me. I don't actually print anything very often. Bought a laptop specifically for cooking and tunes. Wireless access so I can sit out back in the cookshack and listen to tunes, look up recipes, and chat with the brethren.

Or you can just click on the post number in the upper right corner of the post and print that.