THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

robinfresno

Full Fledged Farker
So this is my second time doing beef ribs. They are impossible to find here. Not even the Restaurant Depot here stocks them. Finally found some at a hole in the wall butcher shop that were frozen in the back. I got two racks and made one last week. The wife liked it so much she requested them again this weekend.

I rubbed them the night before with some black ops from Oakridge and then threw them on the WSM. They were cooked with a mix of pecan and oak chunks and wicked good weekend warrior lump. They were cooked at 280f and spritzed with water frequently after the first two hours. They took about 7 hours and pulled at 203f when they were probe tender.

The extra spritzing really kept the bark soft on the bite. Served them with an avocado & lettuce salad with a shallot vinaigrette I threw together.

Needless to say my wife wasn't the only fan of the beef ribs.

Attachments

Those bones look perfect and delicious! How many did your son eat of them ???

I gave him a smaller one. He is two. Had to get up and grab something. Came back and my wife is laughing; he walked over to my plate and grabbed another one off it. Probably ate the equivalent of one large bone.

Previously he's fallen asleep clutching a baby back rib and has grabbed an entire coil of sausage to munch on.

That's a really nice rack, I've never been fortunate enough to locate something like that. I too love Black Ops on beef, it's our go-to rub for sure.

Love beef ribs and those look amazing. Last time I bought them I went to BJs (like Costco or Sam's Club) and asked the butcher for a couple uncut short rib plates. He sold them to me in the original cryopack with 4 plates. Cost less to buy per pound than if he had to repackage.

Beef ribs are my favorite piece of smoked beef and theses look amazing, thanks for sharing pics of your cook and of your biggest fan enjoying a man sized bone.

Love beef ribs and those look sensational. I may have to try that Black Ops. Seen more and more folks referring to it - must be pretty good stuff.

Back