THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shagdog

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Picked up a prime packer from costco

She's a beauty

Trimmed a bit, seasoned with Salt Lick and some extra coarse BP and onto the Shirley she went last night around 8..

Maple wood fire around 300

Around 1 she started stalling and I liked the bark, so She got the butcher paper and back on. I let the temps drop to around 225 so I could get more sleep..

She finished sometime mid morning, so I put it in the oven at 150. The whole reason I did this the night before was I wanted to experiment with a long hold, just see how the end result compares..

Fast forward a few hours and we started with some roasted veggies. Parsnip, Sweet potato, broccoli, sprouts, cauliflower. I don't like hardly any of those things unless they're roasted. Really tasty. Had a good helper

Prepped the veggies, and made some olive oil with garlic, chilis and herbs in it. Cooked it really low for a few inutes to infuse the oil with lots of flavor and then tossed the veggies with it and laid them out on a big cookie sheet

Roasted them in the shirley at 375-400 for an hour or so..

Enough nonsense, on with the beef pron

Really farking tender and juicy. Just the smallest amount of give in the slices, and the bark was great. nice and peppery. Thanks for lookin'

Last edited:
Good Lord almighty. That'd make a bulldog break his chain.

Great job by the sous chef, too! Always good to see kids helping in the kitchen and learning.

Good Lord almighty. That'd make a bulldog break his chain.

Great job by the sous chef, too! Always good to see kids helping in the kitchen and learning.

Thanks brother. Love hanging with my little buddy. He still hasn't outgrown hanging out with his dad. I know I'll be bummed when he does.

Man Shaggy, that makes me want to toss mine. (I won't) Great looking brisket there. And lucky you had the helper. Maybe that's what I am missing...

Shag looks like a pretty awesome cook! Of course good help makes a difference too.
Thanks for sharing!!

Man Shaggy, that makes me want to toss mine. (I won't) Great looking brisket there. And lucky you had the helper. Maybe that's what I am missing...

If you are getting rid of it, send it to me! That briskey you cooked looked phenomenal!

Back