THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

jwtseng

is one Smokin' Farker
It's a little cramped in there with the charcoal basket and all, but my spiral grill top fit in there perfectly and I was able to put together a nice meat and potatoes meal for me and the Mrs...

Got a nice prime grade NY strip on sale and a bag of good ole russet potatoes...

Here's the NY strip with some SPGO wet-aging in a vac-bag for a few days:
wEnTpjTh.jpg

Ahhh...out of the bag:
4nQHqOgh.jpg

Preheating the spiral grill in my firebox:
jNiMqPMh.jpg

A couple minutes on each side:
GAoeiHzh.jpg

Here are the spuds all prepped and salted:
0zwbCz9h.jpg

Hasselbacking the potatoes in the smoker:
MPVKbabh.jpg

Here's the finished dish... Woodfire-grilled NY Strip with Hasselback Potatoes:
xRs8C2kh.jpg

:thumb::thumb::thumb:

I really like the potatoes. Do you do that with just a regular knife?

Thanks Y'all! For the potatoes, just use a regular chef's knife. I brace each potato with a wooden spoon or spatula on each side. Then cut straight down until the knife encounters the spoon on both sides. The spoons keep the knife from cutting all the way through the bottom of the potato.

As the potato cooks, it will begin to fan out. Baste often with melted butter so it gets into every nook and cranny. Yum!

Really nice cookng:thumb: What kind of spiral grill is that -I reall like that!

Thanks for the compliment!

I got the 14" spiral grill off Etsy...it's handmade in India by way of Wisconsin, if I remember correctly. Great heavy duty quality.

Click on the pic and it will take you to the Etsy page.

Here's another pic...different cook, same grill over a bed of charcoal...

Last edited:
Back