THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

emtnate

Full Fledged Farker
Name or Nickame
Nate
I have been grilling and smoking traditional American meals all Summer and it is time for something a little different. Tonight, it was a quick meal - Lamb Kofta with a garlic yogurt sauce served with rice and pita with tzatziki and tyrosalata.

Ground lamb is mixed with garlic, onion, smoked hot paprika, fresh mint, fresh parsley and other assorted spices. The mixture is kneaded, formed into small oval loaves and placed on skewers.

20150820_200033.jpg

The koftas are grilled over hot coals until well done. You definitely want to clean and oil the grate or they will stick.

20150820_200521.jpg

The finished koftas topped with garlic yogurt, served with rice and pita.

20150820_202646.jpg

Thanks, it was delicious. I am not Greek, so I cannot say it is authentic. I do enjoy Mediterranean food and have just started trying to cook more of it myself. My wife thought it was a bit spicy for her taste, but it would be easy to back off on the hot paprika for her.

Back