THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shagdog

Quintessential Chatty Farker
I'm a sweet corn junkie. This time of year I eat it every day. Tonight it was time for one of our favorites - smoked corn chowder

Fired up the Shirley, just used the warmer for this..

6 ears of corn, 2 poblanos, 2 red bells and a Serrano. You can do the onions too, but I prefer those sautéed from raw.

Bacon trimmings from my last round of home made.

Onions

Peppers off the smoker.

Corn is too

Bacon gets crispy add onions. Then add garlic and serrano.

Then add peppers and corn. Shaggy's tip of the day - after you cut the corn off the cob, grate the cobs with a cheese grater. So much extra flavor!!

Then add flour. Then broth and fresh thyme

Simmer 10-15 minutes, shut the heat off, add heavy cream.

Definitely going to try this! Thanks for posting. When you grate the cobs, do you grate them completely? And do you grate all 6 cobs?

Definitely going to try this! Thanks for posting. When you grate the cobs, do you grate them completely? And do you grate all 6 cobs?

Just grate them to remove whatever corn remnants are left. You know when you cut the kernels, there's still some stuff left behind? You just want to get all that goodness.

9B8F4991-DA7F-464B-875D-0B451842F3A7_zpsrnvvrxew.jpg

I can only imagine how heavenly this chowder tastes Shaggy... I'd dive in head first. :hungry:

Back