SRF Ribeye with crab and bearnaise sauce

oifmarine2003

Babbling Farker
Started out with a beautiful ribeye from the great folks at SRF ad some potatoes.

Cut up a couple of potatoes for some homemade fries.

Sprinkled the fries with some rally fry seasoning Santa brought me.

For the ribeye, I rubbed with Cattleman's Steakhouse rub.

Fired up the kettle and opened up all the vents to get it "Hot & Fast" for the TD that is going on now.

Threw the ribeye on the kettle and fired up the burner to fry up the homemade fries.

Now back to the ribeye. I did a reverse sear and pulled at 130 IT.

While the ribeye was resting, I prepared the bearnaise sauce and the crab.

First the crab layer

Then the bearnaise sauce

And the cut shot

It was awesome!

I'm crying over here looking at that marbling on the SRF ribeye. They have such quality steaks. Just fantastic. Love the whole cook, and man, am I a sucker for bearnaise sauce. But over crab? Look out. Potatoes look great, too. Stellar cook, Chris. :thumb:

I'm crying over here looking at that marbling on the SRF ribeye. They have such quality steaks. Just fantastic. Love the whole cook, and man, am I a sucker for bearnaise sauce. But over crab? Look out. Potatoes look great, too. Stellar cook, Chris. :thumb:

Thanks, Tish. Glad to see you back!

I'm not sure what an SRF ribeye is but it does look pretty darn good. Crab and bernaise is good on anything

Snake River Farms... They sponsored the Throwdowns last quarter and are a Brethren ventures member.

That looks great, Chris!

That looks awesome, nice work!

As an aside...SRF is HQ'd in Idaho. You also had Idaho potatoes. If we could only do some decent crab here, we could have supplied your whole meal!

That looks awesome, nice work!

As an aside...SRF is HQ'd in Idaho. You also had Idaho potatoes. If we could only do some decent crab here, we could have supplied your whole meal!

Thanks Shane. I will be on the lookout for some Idaho crabs. I still have a few ribeyes left!

BTW, your steaks are awesome! Highly recommend. Thanks again!

I literally passed out on the couch looking at this last night. I was looking at the pix, thinking about eating that awesome dish, and then my lovely wife is nudging me all "go to bed - you're snoring". :laugh: I had visions of steak, crab and taters dancing in my head. Farking fantastic!

Wow Chris, just beautiful!! Love the thought of crab on that steak. Puts it over the top for me. Well done Sir! :becky:

Back