THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

sliding_billy

somebody shut me the fark up.
Name or Nickame
)
Technically "onion stout beef" since that was it for the vegetable bed. Wife doesn't like peppers, and although I do I think they detract from the beef flavor of a good pulled beef. Anyways, on the cooker at 275 racked in the pan that I would use for braising (so that the drippings would be included in the rest of the cook). Foiled with onions and beer at 165 internal. Cooked for a few more hours at 350 until it would pull apart and then mixed together. Another hour at 350 uncovered to thicken up, and then finished shredding and mixing with the sauce. Got a few meals out of it. Some loose, sandwiches with Spicy Slawsa and pulled beef tacos. I am going to say that the tacos were the big winner.

Nice marbled chuck. One small piece of sinew that had to be removed during the pulling.

Time for the beer and onions.

One for the cook.

Needs a few more minutes.

Done.

Great texture and temp mixture from the Slawsa.

Original is great, but spicy is better. Can't find garlic around here.

I love pulled pork tacos, but this is better.

Last edited:
Ok, I've never cooked one of these and this makes me HAVE to try it! I will also probably go without the peppers, as the Spousal Unit and my daughters just aren't keen on cooked peppers. And definitely will roll up some tacos with it!

OK - this is officially on my to do list now

Great idea! That would be da bomb for a tailgate. I may have to raise my game and do that next weekend. I like the idea of braising with Guinness.

WOW.

AWESOME

I have to try some. Would Lager work?

Any liquid will work, but I think the stout thickens up just a little bit better during the braising. If you are afraid of it tasting like stout, don't be. There is a very slight alcohol smell left, but not really a distinct taste. If you didn't know what it was braised with you probably wouldn't guess Guinness and maybe not even beer. If it is just that you have nothing but lager, have at it.

Back