oink
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, Equipment and just outdoor cookin' in general, hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures... but stay on topic. And watch for that hijacking.

Old 06-18-2014, 10:49 PM   #46
THoey1963
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teleking View Post
That said, I would never have known of this product or price in the OP as I have no reason to search for it. Cheaper than a $500K tuna for sushi. On the up side you don't ruin the raw tuna on the grill.
Actually, didn't have to do any searching. Someone mentioned a while back how good their brisket quality was, I looked at their site, thought maybe someday, and signed up to be on their mailing list.

LSG 24"x30"x36" Vertical Upright Smoker with Warming Oven
Weber Smokey Mountain 22.5" - Weber Genesis S-330
Pitmaster IQ-120 - Thermapen - Maverick ET-733

For info on any mods I have done to my WSM, please see this post.
THoey1963 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-19-2014, 04:35 AM   #47
Tyrone1Wils
Knows what a fatty is.

To cook this perfectly I'd say you would have to cook this Sous Vide style

Old 06-19-2014, 04:41 AM   #48
kds9547
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrone1Wils View Post
To cook this perfectly I'd say you would have to cook this Sous Vide style
Super hot and fast. 3 minutes tops.
[COLOR=darkgreen][COLOR=black]LBGE,[/COLOR] [/COLOR][COLOR=black]22.5 WSM, 14.5 WSM, Weber 26.75 OTG, Weber Performer Gold, Weber Performer Silver, Backwoods chubby, Speed of light fast [COLOR=darkgreen]Packer green[/COLOR] Thermapen, Speed of sound fast [COLOR=red]red[/COLOR] backlit Thermapen, Ultra-fast [COLOR=black]American flag[/COLOR] Thermapen[/COLOR]
kds9547 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-19-2014, 07:18 AM   #49
Cajun Ty
is one Smokin' Farker

I would do a reverse sear (Finney)
Cajun Ty is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-19-2014, 07:27 AM   #50
DaveAlvarado
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by srfshane View Post
Ultimately - everyone has certain things that they're willing to pay for to get "the best". I have friends with home audio equipment that costs more than my car, but I can't hear the difference. I have other friends that buy bottles of wine or bourbon that cost more than I spend to take my whole family out to a nice dinner. And I have friends with more money in BBQ equipment than I have in my kids' college savings. But that's OK - it's their choice, and they wanted the best.
Well said. You'd think there would be a better reception considering there are folks here buying your BBQ cuts for that extra edge to win. I mean if you want to talk about "wasteful" money (not that I agree), how about buying a $150 brisket that cost another $50 to get shipped to you, then paying $250 for the privilege of cooking it in a high-pressure situation in order to serve someone a single slice and a 1" cube off the point? But folks do it, because they're trying to serve the very best so they can win a little cash, a cheap trophy, and bragging rights (at least until next weekend).

Quote:
Originally Posted by srfshane View Post
2 Thermapens (because of the speed differences in red and green)
I laughed at this one, well done sir.
DaveAlvarado is offline   Reply With Quote