oink
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Our Homepage Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, Equipment and just outdoor cookin' in general, hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures... but stay on topic. And watch for that hijacking.

Old 06-16-2014, 07:15 PM   #16
ayb97
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

Another guy told me to use the minion method but instead of putting the can in the center put it right in front of the vent where the fan vent is and put your lit charcoal there. Any thoughts?
ayb97 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-22-2014, 07:55 AM   #17
ayb97
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

hey guys. I just wanted to follow up on my second cook with the my new guru. As you guys have stated I must have had my damper on the fan closed because this time it worked like a charm. I started with 20 lit and kept all vents open until it reached 240. Took about 30 minutes. then I shut all the vents and she settled in to 260 in 10 minutes. Perfect. Then it was set it and forget it. Thanks for the help. Although, when I was taking all the probes off and putting them away, I pulled the alligator clip off the pit probe and the whole probe piece came off leaving nothing but the wire. It came off pretty easy too. I wasn't yanking hard or anything on the alligator clip. Has this ever happened to anyone else? Think Guru will replace it? The unit is only 2-3 weeks old. Can it be fixed?
ayb97 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-22-2014, 10:21 AM   #18
darkoozy
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by kds9547 View Post
I have the 10cfm fan and my 22 holds rock solid temps. I pretty much do the same thing you do except I leave one bottom vent wide open until I am within about 20 degrees of my target temp. I then close the bottom vent and it is where I need it within a few minutes. Never takes more than 25-30 minutes to get to 235 or so. It takes longer for me to get TBS than it does to get to temp.
This works for me as well.
darkoozy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-22-2014, 10:37 AM   #19
Fwismoker
somebody shut me the fark up.

I gotta say WHY IN THE HECK does anyone use a controller to get their pit to temp?

Use it to keep temp but not to get it there. What is this BBQ world coming to.

New Addition![/B] Dedicated stick burning/charcoal UDS Rotisserie!,
Lou -Mini WSM uds style,
Jaime- Jumbo mini or Jimmy
Black bullet -newly renovated Big Poppa Black powder coated UDS,
Jaime build- http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=173767
Fwismoker is offline   Reply With Quote