Sweet love of baby Jesus...Finally!!!!

Dadeo719

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
So I finally found one of those elusive Craigslist finds for free. I was hoping it would fit my drum but unfortunately (maybe) the grill does not fit. The lid is bigger but I think it will seal where it does touch. But anyway, here's my question and idea. The grill part is still in really good shape. The stand is shot. So would it be possible to make a table like for the BGE and modify to this? My initial thought is how to protect the table from the heat? Any ideas would be helpful.

Last edited:
Check out some of the weber ad dons and see if you can rig up a performer type setup. Not sure the size of that kettle so it might not work out. Any budget constraints? A stainless steel table from craigslist or amazon cut to fit half the kettle would be cool. Granted it would require some custom fab and welding, but could be sweet.

Buy the stainless steel table on wheels from SAMs and cut a hole in it for the kettle

A little sandpaper and paint, that stand will be ready for wooden shelves. Or maybe some stailess steel trays bolted on.

A little sandpaper and paint, that stand will be ready for wooden shelves. Or maybe some stailess steel trays bolted on.

It's pretty wobbly but I will take a look at it again. I poured some concrete counter tops in our kitchen so might make a table and use that. We will see. The Kettle is bigger I'm guessing than a 22.5 Weber cause I got this hoping to part out for another UDS but the grate and lid are to big.

My UDS would be in that cart with side tables. The Grill base would make a nice Firepit.

My UDS would be in that cart with side tables. The Grill base would make a nice Firepit.

Yeah, I think I will look at the cart again to use it for one of the UDSs. Researched a few tables on the search link and think I have found one I like.

It's pretty wobbly but I will take a look at it again. I poured some concrete counter tops in our kitchen so might make a table and use that. We will see. The Kettle is bigger I'm guessing than a 22.5 Weber cause I got this hoping to part out for another UDS but the grate and lid are to big.
These solve a lot of problems.
Z

http://www.stanleyhardware.com/detail/120-chair-braces-s839-191

Here's a beautiful table, built for a Weber kettle. Not saying this is what you're looking to do, but it's a fine example of what can be done with wood and some careful measuring.
http://tvwbb.com/showthread.php?47894-Homemade-wooden-Grill-Table&highlight=table

This is exactly what I was thinking. Mine does not have the legs so any suggestions on securing it to the table? Searched and saw where someone used conduit clamps. Just wondering how the lid would seal then?

Just an update. Stayed with the "FREE" theme and just used scrap wood I had laying around. Still a work in progress but it's getting there. Exactly $0 dollars invested so far!!

Last edited:
N8man, that Carolina Que is incredible... is that chicken breaded... it looks like it is.

Back