THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

oifmarine2003

Babbling Farker
This is my entry for the "Crockpot!" ThrowDown that is going on during the month of May.
Let's get started. I started with a Chuck pot roast I picked up at the grocery store.

I rubbed it with Blues Hog.

I threw it on the drum with some other goodies.

I used pecan chunks and cooked it to an IT of 155.

At this point, I pulled the chuck from the drum and put it in the crockpot.:tape::tape::tape:

I added my go to combination for pot roast of cream of celery, cream of mushroom, and french onion soup.

I also added some tiny potatoes and some baby carrots, put the lid on , and set it on "High".

After about 4 hours, it looked like this:

Plated shot:

:caked:

Sweet! I like the cream of soups in there. Nice spin on a pot roast. :thumb:

That's a solid crock pot right there too. I just wish it had a super duper warm setting, it runs a little hot.

Campbell's cream of soup concentrates? I have never heard of such a thing for a pot roast. I was about to shout "HERESY!" until I thought about it...you made a hot dish in a crock pot! Actually, the idea is interesting, but I think if I try something like it, I'll just start with a roux perhaps and make my own cream soup base. You've given me ideas. Always a dangerous thing.

Back