拉猪肉
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, Equipment and just outdoor cookin' in general, hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures... but stay on topic. And watch for that hijacking.

Old 04-28-2014, 02:23 PM   #16
BuckN BBQ
Knows what a fatty is.

Not sure what his current wait time is, but for me it was about 60-75 days.
BuckN BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-28-2014, 02:23 PM   #17
Rafael
Knows what a fatty is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuscaloosaQ View Post
You r correct... but Me and Tyler talked and decided to handle this ourselves.... the reason being is this... Thomas with craters and freighters the initial guy I deal with... is a small business man like me and Tyler.... he had insurance that would cover the repairs..... but after some soul searching I decided this.... him being small like us and just getting started .... I was concerned that the insurance company would try and Jack his rates up.... although he has never filed a claim.... the time it took me and the cost I absorbed for that reason.... Thomas offered to pay me but I said no... it's handled..... Kinda made me feel good in my heart......
To the second drop off company that essentially vandalized the cooker..... you loose big time because Thomas will never use you again..... Thanks Jeremy for your kind words and patience!!!!!!.... If I do anything it is going to try and be right and fair!!!!! In all my doings!!!!!
If I was in the market for a smoker this statement would definitely make me want to deal with stand up people like this. I have been following SF for a bit now and absolutely love their work. Makes me want to buy one. Great work and great people!
Rafael is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->
Old 04-28-2014, 03:05 PM   #18
Bigr314
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockon View Post
Not to hijack this thread, but how long does it take to get a pit built? I have been looking at several companies (Lang, Pits by JJ, Gator Pits, East Texas Smoker, etc) but this company seems really easy to deal with.
You should definitely give Paul a call. Mine is being shipped as we speak. Check out Shirley Fabrication Facebook page. Lots of pics and video. All my dealings with Paul are top notch. You will be doing yourself a disservice if you do not at least talk to Paul.

Old 04-28-2014, 03:07 PM   #19
Bigr314
is One Chatty Farker

It is well worth the wait. Each cooker is all hand made,made to order, and custom made to whatever your needs are.

Old 04-28-2014, 03:20 PM   #20
Uncle JJ
Full Fledged Farker

You won't believe this, but my SF cooker took TWO WEEKS to make! Shhhhhhh! But to be fair, I bought mine well before TQ & Tyler's business went through the roof. And deservedly so - with their exceptionally high quality and over-the-top customer service. They are so busy now, as the word travels fast.

Buy your pit from Shirley - you will not be disappointed!

Old 04-28-2014, 03:59 PM   #21
ButtBurner
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuscaloosaQ View Post
You r correct... but Me and Tyler talked and decided to handle this ourselves.... the reason being is this... Thomas with craters and freighters the initial guy I deal with... is a small business man like me and Tyler.... he had insurance that would cover the repairs..... but after some soul searching I decided this.... him being small like us and just getting started .... I was concerned that the insurance company would try and Jack his rates up.... although he has never filed a claim.... the time it took me and the cost I absorbed for that reason.... Thomas offered to pay me but I said no... it's handled..... Kinda made me feel good in my heart......
To the second drop off company that essentially vandalized the cooker..... you loose big time because Thomas will never use you again..... Thanks Jeremy for your kind words and patience!!!!!!.... If I do anything it is going to try and be right and fair!!!!! In all my doings!!!!!
this right here is a testimony to Paul and Tyler

if anyone has any doubts about buying a smoker from them, they should read this reply

says it all
Member Great Lakes BBQ Assn
ServSafe Food Handler Certified
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Michi...80?sk=timeline
http://www.gofundme.com/Michigan-CustomQue-Donate please consider a small donation to help us pay for our charity BBQ efforts for veterans and homeless groups!!!
ButtBurner is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-28-2014, 04:13 PM   #22
64Driver
Full Fledged Farker

^^^Agreed^^^

"Lest we Forget"
64Driver is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 04-28-2014, 04:17 PM   #23
frognot
Babbling Farker

Class act right there!

Large Big Green Egg
Weber One Touch Gold
Super Fast, Super Accurate Orange Thermapen

"If you really care about this place, you'll show some respect for it." deguerre

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") "Hang in there Dan Chambers!"
frognot is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 04-28-2014, 06:44 PM   #24
tsimm15
is one Smokin' Farker

That's awesome to hear you got such good service.
tsimm15 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-28-2014, 08:12 PM   #25
HarrynVegas
Full Fledged Farker

OK.....this is painful. I'm an Auburn University alum. We generally think that nothing good can come from T-town. After reading about Paul and Tyler and the SF crew, I have to say that they embody everything that is great about the south and how to run a business. I feel so proud every time I read about the quality of your work and the esteem in which your customers hold you. Keep it up guys!........OK.....in your honor.......Roll Tide!

fark....that hurt.

Old 05-03-2014, 03:50 PM   #26
Buffetjackson
Found some matches.

I have a cooker coming from SF, I'm trying to find a shipper to ship it to Las Vegas. All the shippers have been giving me quotes from $1800-$2000
Buffetjackson is offline   Reply With Quote