oink
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Our Homepage Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, Equipment and just outdoor cookin' in general, hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures... but stay on topic. And watch for that hijacking.

Old 04-17-2014, 09:12 PM   #16
IslandSmoke
Knows what a fatty is.

Well, I hope everything turns out good in the end! Please keep us up to date. I'm planning on buying a smoker soon and Lang is one of my choices!!
IslandSmoke is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-17-2014, 09:12 PM   #17
DaveAlvarado
is one Smokin' Farker

I don't understand why the smoker can't be re-routed. If it's your smoker on a truck, have them bring the truck back, or have it shipped to you instead of you picking it up.
DaveAlvarado is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 04-17-2014, 09:19 PM   #18
2001Heel
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjayt View Post
their is no better cooker that cooks better. anywhere it will be worth the wait.
A lot of people on here would disagree whole heartedly with this statement, myself included. In fact, I'd say you could get a better product for less money out of Tuscaloosa, AL.

Thanks from: --->
Old 04-17-2014, 09:20 PM   #19
pjayt
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyCal View Post
So I placed an order for a 48" patio with all wheel nematics on March 10. I was told 3 weeks which would have been prefect as 3 weeks would have been the 31 my birth day.

Called Lang around the 20 to check on progress and was told it did not make it into production that week but would be in next week. Okay no big deal so called again on the 27 or 28 and was told it was in progress and should be complete the week of April 7. Great I am going to be in Jacksonville FL that week for work and said I could pick it up the 8th or 11th. Sara with Lang noted that in my folder.

So I get up to Jacksonville on the 7th and call lang in the afternoon and wanted to check if it would be ready the 8th. I talk with them and they say they are getting it started and will try to get it down this week.

Okay so when I talked to them on the 27 or 28 it wasn't being made I guess. I was told wrong information. I just sucked it up and did not raise a stink as I am not the person to do that. So called a few times that week to check in it as Jacksonville is only 1 1/2 hours south of Lang's location and it would save me a lot of driving time on my own time. It did not make it finished that week.

I called Wednesday this week and it was ready to be picked up so we set Friday at noon for pick up. I use a vacation day to take Friday off of work. It's about a 6 hour drive one way from my house.

I get a call today at 3 from Sara at Lang and she tell me she is sorry to inform me that my smoker got mistakenly loaded on a truck for New Orleans. IT GOT WHAT. She said that they are in the process of making another one and will schedule with me for next week pick up.

I told her I already took the day off for vacation and I was planing on using the smoker for Easter breakfast at my church so this was a very large blow.

All they said was sorry.

I feel like I am getting a large run around. I am not the guy to get a worked up especially to someone in her position because it's not her fault someone loaded the wrong smoker. So I just told her that I will wait for their call and we can reschedule.

The more I think about it the more I get mad. They made no concessions on their end. Like hey we really screwed up so will ship to you for free, or anything like that. Just hey sorry you are screwed and we will call ya next week.

I am going to call tomorrow and talk with someone because I am not happy with the customer service. I understand my mislay 2000 is nothing but I should not be getting the runaround.
did you already pay for it ?
gaser converted to charcoal
Maverick Pro Temp PT100
Weston Pro-2300 vacuum packer
KCBS
pjayt is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-17-2014, 09:22 PM   #20
bigdogphin
is one Smokin' Farker

Having your smoker loaded up on a truck and shipped somewhere else there is no excuse for that. Sounds like they owe you a loaner.

Custom Yoder Frontiersman II and YS1500

Reverse FEC 100 & Right Handed FEC 100
1 UDS
Desert Thermapen W/ American flag
Green Thermapen
KCBS & PNWBA CBJ
bigdogphin is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-17-2014, 09:30 PM   #21
HBMTN
is One Chatty Farker

I bought a new Lang in 2011 and got great service, but it does sound like you are getting the run around. I sent a friend to Lang and he bought the 84 deluxe no chargrill but when it came in they sent it with the chargrill by mistake. When he called to see what was up they said woops if you like it you can keep it as they had delivered 4 states away. Guess they are too busy which can be good and bad.

Old 04-17-2014, 09:51 PM   #22
64Driver
Full Fledged Farker

Just in this thread I've seen poor customer service, cookers sent to the wrong locations, and cookers delivered that weren't what was originally ordered. In other threads I've read of poor quality welding, thermos contacting the cooking grates, and more poor customer service. I know Lang puts out a good product, but man....I'm so glad I went with Shirley Fabrication. Not one negative review of them.
64Driver is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->
Old 04-17-2014, 09:53 PM   #23
Slamdunkpro
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyCal View Post
I get a call today at 3 from Sara at Lang and she tell me she is sorry to inform me that my smoker got mistakenly loaded on a truck for New Orleans.
Call her back and ask for the waybill# and the name of the LTL carrier of the misrouted cooker so you can call the LTL carrier and verify. If they won't give you that info they're BS'ing you - your cooker hasn't even been started or they sold it out from under you. Easter is lost. Do a charge back and find another manufacturer. I had this exact problem with my first cooker from a name brand in Texas. My cooker was "misrouted" somewhere in Alabama. I called them up on a Wednesday and said I wanted a cooker in my driveway or a refund on my Credit Card Friday morning. 11am Friday morning an Airfreight cartage truck with a cooker in it magically appeared in my driveway. I can't imagine what the airfreight bill was on that offset (the origin airport was Houston - imagine that). I wonder who's cooker I got.
Spicewine Tandem - "The Beast"
, 2 Vulcan V33's & 1 V9
Brinkman modified upright, Weber Kettle(s); Meadow Creek Pr-24, Super Stealth Mode black & Night Vision Red Thermopens
-----------------
MABA - (Mid Atlantic BBQ Association) President
KCBS Certified Judge - #23289
Slamdunkpro is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 04-17-2014, 10:50 PM   #24
jbuntingsr
Full Fledged Farker

Sorry to hear your having troubles. Sounds like you have some of my luck. I have never dealt with Lang but I imagine they will make things right. Good luck.
jbuntingsr is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-18-2014, 12:21 AM   #25
BigDaddyJT
Full Fledged Farker

Unless you are physically at their plant, you will never know the real reason why they missed their commitment(s) to you. It sounds to me like they are simply BEHIND in production. Not an excuse, just a reality. This is the busy time of the year. They are not the only company/business that misses delivery commits. Call and ask to speak to Ben Lang and only him. Clearly let him know you are disturbed at how your order was/is being handled. Ask that he personally look into it and correct the situation, make it right. He's probably had to deal w/ this type of situation before and will do what's best for both parties. If you are not satisfied, then by all mean demand a refund, get your money back and move on. Good luck. I hope it goes well for you.
BigDaddyJT is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 04-18-2014, 12:35 AM   #26
Rusty Kettle
is One Chatty Farker

That stinks. I would use other language but I am trying to remember family friendly language. I know Lang charges a lot of money for their product and they owe you better than that. Heck I expect better service from traeger even though compared to a lang it is not expensive. I just got a new junior elite from them and I got to say the best I have ever been treated by a company ever. Always available to answer my questions. I only bought a junior elite and they still treat me like I spent a lot which for me I did and it makes them my choice in pellet grills. Anyways I would ask to cancel the order and if they get funny tell them to shove it and file a charge back. You pay for a smoker and for you and most people it is a lot of money and you should feel that you were taken care of. Speak with your money and don't give them any money.
Rusty Kettle is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 04-18-2014, 02:49 AM   #27
Pappy Q
is one Smokin' Farker

I had great service when discussing the purchase, once they had my money it went away.
Pappy Q is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 04-18-2014, 05:40 AM   #28
ironmanerik
is one Smokin' Farker

I have seen a couple bad customer service threads involving lang, and am always surprised as that was not my experience.

Old 04-18-2014, 06:32 AM   #29
BillyCal
Knows what a fatty is.

Just to answer some peoples question I have not paid anything to date. Payment was going to be when I picked it up. I will call and speak with Ben today.
BillyCal is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-18-2014, 07:16 AM   #30
Hoppy
Full Fledged Farker

We ran into the exact same situation with Horizon last year. When I called them out on a promise they made my wife (after several failed delivery dates) the fella called her a liar. That was the deal breaker...... We had prepaid for the cooker and we immediately got a refund and went to Yoder and we are glad we did.

[B]If Ya Got'em Smoke'm![/B]

Yoder Custom Chisholm II
Weber Gold
Awesome Wife, Co-Cook and Best Friend
Hoppy is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->