The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Brethren Sales and Ventures > Brethren Ventures > Gravity Fed smokers and Grills

Notices

Gravity Fed smokers and Grills We are the inventors of these Gravity Fed Smokers and Grills. Innovative and efficient, these BBQ Grills and smokers can burn multi-fuel of charcoal, Wood Pellet, Wood Chunks, Wood Logs and reach temps of 300C or 572 F.

Old 03-10-2014, 11:07 PM   #46
woodpelletsmoker
is One Chatty Farker

Video is not necessary.
More often than not it is problem of bad connect on probe, soldering, plug ect.

There are 2 probes, you will get two temperatures.
Which temp. jumps
Or both temp. jump.
Can you exchange the probe and see what happens.
How about WIFI connection

If it is fault of probe, I will send you new probe.
If it is fault of wGrill itsself, I will send you a new wGrill.
If all system is wrong, I will send you a new package.
In last case I hope you can send back, and I am curious too to find what is wrong.
woodpelletsmoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 06:50 AM   #47
Toronto
Full Fledged Farker

So I had a chance to play with the wGrill and here are my thoughts compared to version 1.

The build quality is much nicer on version 2 and it feels much more solid compared to version 1. The body of the unit appears to be machine crafted unlike version 1 where the probe holes were cut manually. On version 1 the input for the probes fell inside of the unit because the holes cut for it were done by hand, this problem seems to be fixed now with the properly machined holes. Essentially everything feels well put together and thought out when compared to the first incarnation.

I was also able to connect directly to the wGrill from my Acer laptop, I was not able to with version 1. On version 2 I was able to bring up the graph on Firefox but for some reason Internet Explorer did not render the graph but I was able to see the buttons.

Now I was able to get to the admin page on the wGrill but I was unsuccessful in getting it to connect to my router. These are the settings I used:

When I hit save the wGrill resets itself but the ‘Link’ light never turns back on and im unable to connect to it through the router.
Toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 11:03 AM   #48
pixcolor
Knows what a fatty is.

I would still like to see the option to view two large dials, to be able to see at a glance what the current temperature is.
pixcolor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 08:02 PM   #49
woodpelletsmoker
is One Chatty Farker

If you can view from laptop, it tells that the wGrill WIFI works.
To access it to internet is too complicated, which is more related to computer, browser, router, settings, firewall than the wGrill itself. But even you can not access it to Internet, it is much better and with much longer effective distance than blue tooth.

V3 is under developing. It will be plug and play for non-I.T. persons.

We discard design of "two large dials" because in smart phone, screen is too small, the dial is not LARGE enough. It is good only in computer. But most are using smart phone with small screen.
Old 03-22-2014, 02:33 PM   #50
EJHOFFY
Got Wood.

To be able to see the actual temp instead of on a graph would be much better in my opinion.
Old 03-22-2014, 05:44 PM   #51
woodpelletsmoker
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJHOFFY View Post
To be able to see the actual temp instead of on a graph would be much better in my opinion.
To move mouse to any point of graph, it will give you exact data
Old 03-22-2014, 05:46 PM   #52
woodpelletsmoker
is One Chatty Farker

By graph you can find tendency.
It may help your next operation
Old 03-22-2014, 07:14 PM   #53
pixcolor
Knows what a fatty is.

When I'm monitoring my smoker, I want to know what it is doing right now. If it was 225 F last time I looked and now it's 180F, I know what the tendency is. The graph maybe nice if I leave it on overnight, and I can see what happened, and that option would be nice. But as it is now, the numbers are very small, even on my computer. I can tell at a glance if it has changed, but the two large dials, or two large numbers would make it easier to see at a glance where it's at right now.
Thanks from:--->
Old 03-22-2014, 08:45 PM   #54
woodpelletsmoker
is One Chatty Farker

in next production, I can add two big numbers
Old 03-23-2014, 04:56 PM   #55
pixcolor
Knows what a fatty is.

Thanks. Any chance we can see what it looks like before you go ahead?
Old 03-24-2014, 04:42 PM   #56
EJHOFFY
Got Wood.

Put me on the list for V3, by that time I will have figured out how to use the one I have now !!
Old 03-24-2014, 06:15 PM   #57
woodpelletsmoker
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJHOFFY View Post
Put me on the list for V3, by that time I will have figured out how to use the one I have now !!
To access wGrill to Internet via a Router needs I.T. knowledge,which is more depending on your environmental including computer, browser, smart phone, router than the wGrill itsself.

But it shall be very easy for wGrill to communicate with your computer or smart phone directly. It is very easy to access to your home network too. Even in this case wGrill has much bigger effective distance than iGrill and Thermo Duo.

If you can not use wGrill now, I would like you to return to other buyer and I will refund you.
Old 03-25-2014, 08:31 AM   #58
EJHOFFY
Got Wood.

Wang, take it easy, I have just started using it and am just getting the hang of it. I am happy you stand behind your product.
Old 04-08-2014, 01:02 PM   #59
pixcolor
Knows what a fatty is.

Will there be a way to set an alarm, so that if the temperature goes too high or too low, an alarm sounds on my computer. Also, some way to tell at a glance if the connection is lost?
Old 04-08-2014, 05:50 PM   #60
woodpelletsmoker
is One Chatty Farker

any function can be added in next version