喫煙者
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, Equipment and just outdoor cookin' in general, hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures... but stay on topic. And watch for that hijacking.

Unread 02-28-2014, 04:23 PM   #1
bshell7
Got Wood.

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Pitmaker Customer Service

So as you guys may have seen I posted pics on here of my new Sniper Magnum.

As pointed out you can see no intake vent in the pic...well they put it on the backside of the cooker. For the life of me I can't figure out why...Pete from PM said it was to improve the draft vs. in the door. That doesn't seem right either but even if that is so why not at least put it on the FRONT side of the smoker and not the back.

PM knew this was going to be mounted in a BBQ trailer so not sure how they thought I was going to climb over it to adjust the damper. I offered the solution of sending me a new door with damper built in. At my expense I would remove the old door, take it to a fab shop and have the new one welded on. This cooker is about 1000lbs and that is no small task. If I didn't have trucks at work to do this I wouldn't be able to move it. I even offered to send the door on it back to them. That was on Monday. No returned call. Several unanswered emails.

Has anyone else had poor service from them? The craftsmanship is great but the guy running the welder is not the guy answering the phone and dealing with the customers...

Was told today by a different guy they are all at some big Rodeo BBQ contest with no cell service and no internet..uh this is 2014 bro...I'm not believing that one. When I asked how long it would take to get me a door I was told 2 weeks!! So I'm going to be almost a month out from the time it shipped to me.

Pete is supposed to call me Monday. I emailed he and Victor twice twice this week. I hate being a dxxk but you can see what I paid for this thing and I expected a little better service than what I'm getting. Just a heads up. I will post the resolution as it happens.

The only upside is it really does cook great. I've done a couple fatty's and two racks of ribs after work. Going to cook a Brisket this weekend.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo 1.jpg (66.3 KB, 492 views)
Pitmaker Sniper Magnum
Fire Pit BBQ Team
bshell7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-28-2014, 04:53 PM   #2
Bludawg
somebody shut me the fark up.

I have never heard anything bad about the CS other than getting a call returned when they are short staffed. I don't have Cell service at my house I have to drive 5 miles to hit the Tower so... If you're mounting it in a trailer why not add an extension handle to the intake seems like that could possibly solve the problem. Were they aware of it's final resting place before you ordered it? Did you show them the trailer layout and where the pit was to be located? That should have sent off a few bells or did you just assume it was located on the door? That do make a difference.

Unread 02-28-2014, 05:09 PM   #3
palmtreefrb
Full Fledged Farker

An unhappy customer should be priority ONE.
Why they have not at least responded to your concern with an acknowledgement of receipt is poor customer service.
Social media can be beneficial or damaging. Your issue will now live forever in cyberspace.

Unread 02-28-2014, 05:09 PM   #4
DownHomeQue
is One Chatty Farker

nice grill.. and that is unfortunate.. have heard good things about PitMaker
DownHomeQue is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-28-2014, 05:12 PM   #5
Ron_L

Downloads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bshell7 View Post
Was told today by a different guy they are all at some big Rodeo BBQ contest with no cell service and no internet..uh this is 2014 bro...I'm not believing that one.
http://rodeohouston.com/Events/World...ipBarBQue.aspx

The Naked Fatty!

FEC-100/BWS Party/Memphis Pro SS/PBC/LBGE X 2/SBGE/Mini BGE/Nomad Pellet-matic/Good-One Model 42/WSM X 2/Cookshack Smokette 008/Weber Performer/Saber Cast 500/Weber Gasser (RIP)/Weber Kettle X 2/Weber Smokey Joe/WGA/UDS/Coffee Roasting Gasser
Ron_L is online now   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-28-2014, 05:20 PM   #6
Bigmista

I can tell you that they are the Houston Livestock and Rodeo this week and there probably isn't anyone at the shop. They do a huge production there and usually win best booth.

They really are great folks. Give them till Monday and try again.

Exodus 29:18
Then burn the entire ram on the altar. It is a burnt offering to the LORD, a pleasing aroma, a food offering presented to the LORD.

God loves BBQ!

Bigmista Custom Spicewine Trailer - Olivia J. PIMA
Large and Medium Spicewines
Weber Ranch Kettle - E.T.

Remembering Scott
Bigmista is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-28-2014, 05:24 PM   #7
Bigmista

Check this out to get a small idea of what they are doing this weekend.

http://youtu.be/Z9m5W2rfz_A

Exodus 29:18
Then burn the entire ram on the altar. It is a burnt offering to the LORD, a pleasing aroma, a food offering presented to the LORD.

God loves BBQ!

Bigmista Custom Spicewine Trailer - Olivia J. PIMA
Large and Medium Spicewines
Weber Ranch Kettle - E.T.

Remembering Scott
Bigmista is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-28-2014, 06:31 PM   #8
Pitmaster T
Babbling Farker

I am too afraid to speak.. but maybe you should wait a bit.

:-)

Last edited by Pitmaster T; 02-28-2014 at 08:02 PM..
Pitmaster T is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Unread 02-28-2014, 06:37 PM   #9
Pitmaster T
Babbling Farker

Oh no...sorry... this is a much better way to tell you this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigmista View Post
I can tell you that they are the Houston Livestock and Rodeo this week and there probably isn't anyone at the shop. They do a huge production there and usually win best booth.

They really are great folks. Give them till Monday and try again.

Here is Victor's big day

1794809_265055680337206_936519972_n.jpg
The Pitmaker Vendor Tent Going on as we speak!

Last edited by Pitmaster T; 02-28-2014 at 08:02 PM..

Unread 02-28-2014, 07:39 PM   #10
padge31
On the road to being a farker

Hey he has a legit beef. I agree that he should wait till Monday and see what happens. To some of us spending that much money on a smoker is a once in a lifetime deal and to wait all that time can be heart breaking when it shows up not how you wanted it. I went to there web site and the pics show the damper in the door. He is just frustrated and I get that. Lets not bully up on him yet. I am sure when they do get back to him, he will update what has happened. Until then let this ride out.
padge31 is online now   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-28-2014, 07:50 PM   #11
MilitantSquatter

Taking away the slow response time... the issue seems legit. Pretty crappy if the web is showing pics of vent on firebox door and they made design change and didn't update the pics.

As far as response times.. I get they are at a big show, but someone should have a cell phone and be able to deal with a customer issue for spending that kind of $.

Now, if there were hot girls in yoga pants under that party tent with poledancers, then Donnie is absolutely correct, and I can completely understand why a response might not be available until Monday...

Unread 02-28-2014, 07:57 PM   #12
tb80
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by padge31 View Post
Hey he has a legit beef. I agree that he should wait till Monday and see what happens. To some of us spending that much money on a smoker is a once in a lifetime deal and to wait all that time can be heart breaking when it shows up not how you wanted it. I went to there web site and the pics show the damper in the door. He is just frustrated and I get that. Lets not bully up on him yet. I am sure when they do get back to him, he will update what has happened. Until then let this ride out.
x2. You were a little harsh on him. In today's day and time, immediate customer service is expected. Whether that is reasonable or not is up to the individual.
tb80 is online now   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-28-2014, 08:07 PM   #13
padge31
On the road to being a farker

Bully
padge31 is online now   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-28-2014, 08:08 PM   #14
16Adams
is Blowin Smoke!

I smell lavender

Craigslist finds Tiernan SOB, New Braunfels Black Diamond, Big Green Egg Mini

By the way, did she mention my name-just in passing?
Gordon Lightfoot
16Adams is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-28-2014, 08:18 PM   #15
Pitmaster T
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16Adams View Post
I smell lavender
As you wish... lavender yoga pants for Vinny
Attached Images
File Type: jpg be-love-yoga-pant-purple-3.jpg (116.5 KB, 389 views)