oink
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.


Our Homepage Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, Equipment and just outdoor cookin' in general, hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures... but stay on topic. And watch for that hijacking.


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-12-2013, 08:21 PM   #76
bbqgeekess
Babbling Farker
 
Join Date: 07-06-13
Location: Oklahoma
Default

I am giving this 30 gallon UDS I jsut built to my brother and his wife & family for Christmas--they both fell in love with her (Emma) the first day they laid eyes upon her.

I talked to Emma and she's excited, ready to serve, and has no hard feelings :)

However, I didn't tell Emma I have in my mind to build a larger 55 gallon replacement--that'd just be cruel.

Thanks all *so much* for the help!
__________________
18.5" WSM, Hasty-Bake Suburban, OTG 22.5", "Antonio" Bandera, Mini WSM
bbqgeekess is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 12-12-2013, 08:37 PM   #77
Fwismoker
somebody shut me the fark up.

 
Fwismoker's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08-22-13
Location: Fort Wayne, indiana
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbqgeekess View Post
I am giving this 30 gallon UDS I jsut built to my brother and his wife & family for Christmas--they both fell in love with her (Emma) the first day they laid eyes upon her.

I talked to Emma and she's excited, ready to serve, and has no hard feelings :)

However, I didn't tell Emma I have in my mind to build a larger 55 gallon replacement--that'd just be cruel.

Thanks all *so much* for the help!
You'll want at least two size cookers for yourself ...the smaller and the larger. Smaller = better fuel efficiency for those smaller cooks vs the 55 gallon.

Build them either a 30 or 55 brand new?
__________________
Hanging and Spinning Meat Appreciation Thread
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=214144

Dedicated stick burning/charcoal optional Barrel Rotisserie/Grill/Smoker Hybrid!,
Lou -Mini WSM uds style,
Jaime- Jumbo mini or Jimmy
Black bullet -newly renovated Big Poppa Black powder coated UDS,
Jaime build- http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=173767
Fwismoker is online now   Reply With Quote


Old 12-12-2013, 09:13 PM   #78
bbqgeekess
Babbling Farker
 
Join Date: 07-06-13
Location: Oklahoma
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fwismoker View Post
You'll want at least two size cookers for yourself ...the smaller and the larger. Smaller = better fuel efficiency for those smaller cooks vs the 55 gallon.

Build them either a 30 or 55 brand new?
I'm building me a 55 stainless. That'll do along with the mini. The mini will be for almost everything all the time (2 people here).. whatever wont' fit in the mini that's when I'll use the big guy (which won't be often). E.g. for turkey, brisket packer or full racks of ribs.

30 gallon is perfect for my brother because they can cook everything for their family with just it. They'll save some fuel vs. the 55 gallon, and the mini is just too small for them most of the time.
__________________
18.5" WSM, Hasty-Bake Suburban, OTG 22.5", "Antonio" Bandera, Mini WSM
bbqgeekess is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 12-12-2013, 09:21 PM   #79
Fwismoker
somebody shut me the fark up.

 
Fwismoker's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08-22-13
Location: Fort Wayne, indiana
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbqgeekess View Post
I'm building me a 55 stainless. That'll do along with the mini. The mini will be for almost everything all the time (2 people here).. whatever wont' fit in the mini that's when I'll use the big guy (which won't be often). E.g. for turkey, brisket packer or full racks of ribs.

30 gallon is perfect for my brother because they can cook everything for their family with just it. They'll save some fuel vs. the 55 gallon, and the mini is just too small for them most of the time.
Ugh i forgot you had the mini....alzheimers
__________________
Hanging and Spinning Meat Appreciation Thread
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=214144

Dedicated stick burning/charcoal optional Barrel Rotisserie/Grill/Smoker Hybrid!,
Lou -Mini WSM uds style,
Jaime- Jumbo mini or Jimmy
Black bullet -newly renovated Big Poppa Black powder coated UDS,
Jaime build- http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=173767
Fwismoker is online now   Reply With Quote


Old 12-12-2013, 09:21 PM   #80
bbqgeekess
Babbling Farker
 
Join Date: 07-06-13
Location: Oklahoma
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fwismoker View Post
Ugh i forgot you had the mini....alzheimers
giggle
__________________
18.5" WSM, Hasty-Bake Suburban, OTG 22.5", "Antonio" Bandera, Mini WSM
bbqgeekess is offline   Reply With Quote


Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


Forum Custom Search: Enter your Search text below. GOOGLE will search ONLY the BBQ Brethren Forum. If it doesnt find results at first, hit search a few times more.





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:45 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
2003 -2012 © BBQ-Brethren Inc. All rights reserved. All Content and Flaming Pig Logo are registered and protected under U.S and International Copyright and Trademarks. Content Within this Website Is Property of BBQ Brethren Inc. Reproduction or alteration is strictly prohibited.