• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Big joe set up

Novass

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Wife surprised me with a big joe. Question is what is the best way to lift it up and get it in the nest?? Booklet says don't lift by the hinge or bands, but it's a heavy arse biaaatch. Not to mention slick as he'll.

Can you take the lid off to make it lighter? You may need some help for this one.

Call some friends up and tell them you need their help. Reward them with some beer and something cooked off the Big Joe!

Your wife is definitely a keeper for getting you that awesome weapon for your arsenal!

oh man, I will PM you my house number. Have that wife of yours call mine please. I have been drooling for the big joe for months.

Congrats and let me know how you got it in place

I've used a flower pot lifter like the one below to move Big Green Eggs. It works well.

pot-lifter.jpg

That probably doesn't help you get it done today but waiting until you can get one is better than a broken Joe.

You definitely want help with this I moved my Egg by myself It was not easy I am not sure I could do it that way now I really like Ron's idea

Great Surprise...

You can do it with one other person...empty with the lid off....

Have fun...tonight is gonna be a good good night...Smoke on!

Nice surprise!

Yes it was. I think this is the first present I've receive since my grandson was born 7 years ago. His birthday is the day after mine. So I've been to chuckle cheese or amazing jakes for my b- day dinners.

Got it set up, fired up and a 21# er on at 8:30 according to my maverick and a. Couple of therms. It is at 163 b and 172 t. Maverick said 150.

You made lite work of that project...

Good thing your wife got you the black one...they cook better than the red....:biggrin1:

Good Luck with the bird...

Back