Turkey Brines

BBQchef33

Grand Poobah and Site Admin

Batch Image
Reaction score
Heres a few turkey brine and injection recipes i pulled from our recipe section some of you may want to use for thanksgiving.

Turkey Brine
Recipe Number: 1195315514
Contributor: Plowboy
Serves: NA
Calories Per Serving: NA
Preparation Time: NA
Difficulty: Easy
Ingredients: 2 C Soy Sauce
2 C Red Wine Vinegar
1/2 C Worchestershire
2 C Brown Sugar
2 C Kosher Salt
2 Gal Water

Cooking Instructions: Using hot water or boiling your brine will help dissolve the sugars. You wouldn't need to add all of the water right away. Just enough to get the sugar dissolved. Of course be sure to cool it down prior placing the bird in the solution.

Basic Poultry Brine
Recipe Number: 111
Difficulty: NA
Ingredients:
* Cooking Instructions: A basic brine for poultry is one half cup of kosher salt and one half cup of brown sugar to each gallon of water. Add herbs spices and oils according to your taste, but the basic is the k salt and sugar. Do not use iodized table salt, as you will get a slightly bitter chemical taste from the iodine. Though if you use non-iodized table salt use half as much as it is finer grained than k salt.

Herbal Poultry Injection
Recipe Number: 144
Ingredients: Melt 3 sticks of butter and use to sautee 3 large garlic gloves crushed but remained whole, add 3 sprigs rosemary, 3-4 sprigs of thyme, 1 sage leaf, some black pepper. To turn it into a herbal/honey maple, add 1/2+ cup honey, 1/4-cup maple syrup and 1/2- cup franks red hot 3-4 cups apple juice. Melt down butter, add herbs, saute for a few mins and add apple juice, bring to boil and simmer for 5. You will need to strain it for the injector. Then Inject away!!!
Cooking Instructions: Turkey injection. Leaves cool orange track marks throughout the turkey breast you can see as you slice. Serving Suggestions: Adjust sweetness with maple syrup, use wildflower honey if you can. Franks is a dominent flavor, reduce amount if you want.
Wendy's Turkey Injection
Recipe Number: 161
Contributor: gary
Ingredients: Injection 1/2 lb Butter 6 oz Hot Sauce-Crystal's Garlic Juice Onion Juice Popcorn salt Crab Boil Rub Tony Chachere's Cajun Spice Seasoning Salt Pepper
Cooking Instructions: Directions Melt 1/2# butter (NO SUBSTITUTES) over low heat, then add a 6 oz. bottle of Crystal's Hot Sauce (I use the Extra Hot), garlic juice, onion juice, popcorn salt(it's fine and dissolves easier) and liquid shrimp and crab boil. I taste as I go, adding more garlic juice, onion juice, or hot sauce until it's where I want it to be. You've got to keep in mind that when it is injected into the bird, it will be nowhere near as hot as it tastes, so I usually spice it up to where I can't stand it. Blow your head off level. I then let the mixture cool to room temperature. The most important thing is to avoid any solids or particles in the marinade, as they do not inject easily into the bird. That's the reason I use popcorn salt. Meantime, I season the inside of the bird with Tony Chachere's Cajun Spice Seasoning, Salt and Pepper. Then I lightly oil the outside of the bird and sprinkle the back side of the bird liberally with Chachere's, salt and pepper, and place it back side down on a large platter. I've got the commercial stainless injector from Cabela's, with which I then go to work injecting the bird well into the meat in many places, but always from an angle above the bird so the marinade doesn't back out. Last, I lightly oil the breast side of the bird and sprinkle it liberally with Tony Chachere's, salt and pepper. I tuck the whole bird, on the platter, into a plastic grocery bag and refrigerate for 48-72 hours. It will kill you when you open the refrigerator, since it smells so damn good. Bring it up to room temperature before you deep fry it. Not all of the seasoning will adhere to the bird, but what does makes the skin particularly tasty. Every time I make the marinade, I add more and more hot sauce...haven't had it be too hot for anyone yet. Never had any leftovers either.​

Honey-Maple Brine for Turkey
Recipe Number: 145
Contributor: BBQchef33
Ingredients: 1/2 cup Granulated Garlic, 5 Bay Leaves, 2 large spanish onions corse sliced, orange /quartered, 2 apples diced, 2 cups honey, 2 cups maple syrup, 1 gallon cranberry juice, 1 gallon apple juice, quart of orange juice. kosher salt. (half cup per gallon of liquid.) Brown Sugar - 1/2 cup per gallon liquid. Best to have all the juices very cold before you start
Cooking Instructions: first, you need to decide how much total liquid you'll need to cover whatever your brining. Put it in whatever container your using and fill it with water to cover the bird. remove the bird, and rough measure the amount of water you needed. This receipe is assuming 3 gallons total liquid. Adjust the liquid ingredients accordingly. To make the brine, putt about 2-3 cups of water and a quart of apple juice in a pot. add all the ingredients EXCEPT THE SALT!!!!. Get it boiling and then simmer covered for about 15 minutes then remove the cover and boil for another 5-10 minutes. This is the concentrated tea. When its done, remove about 2 cups of the tea and set aside, refrigerated, for later. You'll use this to inject into the bird later. Now add the salt to your the remaining concentrated tea and dissolve it over low heat and then pour into your brining container. Add ALOT OF ICE NOW to cool the tea. Add half the apple juice and half the cranberry and orange juice and put in the bird. Then fill to cover the bird with either remaining juices or ice cold water. its Important to keep things cold here. Cover and brine for at least 24 hours. When done. Get the tea you set aside, melt 2 sticks of butter and add the tea to it and warm it a bit. Add some juices(apple ,cranberry, orange) and inject it into the bird. Then cook however you like.

Back