Might have lost a bet...need help

Lockon

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I might have lost a bet and now have to provide ribs to the office. How many SLT cut slabs do you think I would need to feed about 12-15 folks?

With sides, I would say ~4-5 racks (3-4 people per rack). Of course this depends on the appetites of those 12-15 folks.

Are there sides too? If no sides, I'd say 6-9 racks depending on how much they like to eat like peeps said.

So on to important matters, what bet did you lose? :pop2:

Depends on whether they're big eaters or not. I would go with one rack for each three people for a mixed group. A rack for each two people if they're all guys. Five to six racks should do it. Bring a couple of sides to fill them up.

Ok, thanks...might have to be a two day cook. My cheap-o Char-griller will only hold 3 maybe 4 racks at a time.

Lot of variables here, like how many woman vs men, how much time allowed for the meal, any other food being served, is this a well dressed group, or a a casual dressed group, mostly young vs mostly older, heavy vs slim? My best guess would be 2.5 person per slab depending on how the variables play out, or 3 to 4 bones per person.

why not cut your loses and cook whole untrimmed slabs, cut up, then you may get away with about 3 slabs less, and less to deal with.
Dave

I know a bit premature, but one of the girls I have working for me is from Boston....think ya all can figure it it out. I am just prepping for the worst. Even if I win, I will probably still make the ribs. She is pregrent and due in Dec. she says she has been craving good BBQ (not sure why she wants mine :-o ).....anyways, about 4 girls, the rest are guys, with about 2 heavy weights.

Yeah - you are gonna have to cook ribs. :razz:

I would guess 3 bones per person with sides. It is lunch and a bet I would not go over board.

Thinking 6-8. You wouldn't want to be the bet losin' guy that didn't bring enough food. Give the ones that make the most obnoxious noises while gnawing on the ribs a ziplock full of leftovers when the day is over. You will then transform from loser to legend.

You could always go with a slab of these, courtesy of Landarc

forkshot.jpg

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2008608&postcount=103

Back