MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 10-24-2013, 03:12 AM   #1
KC Transplant
Full Fledged Farker

Default Beef tacos question

We are having a taco day at work next week and I've acquired a reputation for bringing the good stuff, so I don't want to disappoint and ruin my rep. I'm planning on smoking a couple chuck roasts and pulling them. I'm going to rub them in a mix of a fajita rub that I like and a mix of chili peppers that I smoked and dried. Then I'll throw the meat in a crock pot to keep it warm for serving. I've made some peach salsa with tomatoes, onions and peppers that I smoked and plan on making a jalapeno aioli to go with it. Should I mix in any kind of sauce with the meat or leave it alone. I'm leaning towards leaving it alone, but thought I'd ask for advice.
KC Transplant is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-24-2013, 06:00 AM   #2
Diesel Dave
Quintessential Chatty Farker

I'd leave it alone.

Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring ― Marilyn Monroe
Diesel Dave is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-24-2013, 06:47 AM   #3
IamMadMan
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel Dave View Post
I'd leave it alone.
I agree Diesel Dave, one can always add sauces, salsas, ect, but it it hard to take it away if it was prepared with them..

Remember we are individuals with different tastes and likes.. keep it simple.

IamMadMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 10-24-2013, 06:48 AM   #4
scp
is One Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Barry

I say leave it alone. Especially for a group...lets everyone do their own spin on building a taco to their liking.

Old 10-24-2013, 09:15 AM   #5
DerHusker
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by scp View Post
I say leave it alone. Especially for a group...lets everyone do their own spin on building a taco to their liking.
^^^ This ^^^

Old 10-24-2013, 11:24 AM   #6
KC Transplant
Full Fledged Farker

Cool, thanks. That's what I was thinking, but I was curious to see if someone might have a killer recipe that I should try.
KC Transplant is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-24-2013, 12:08 PM   #7
ButtBurner
Babbling Farker

comon give up that peach salsa recipe!!
Member Great Lakes BBQ Assn
ServSafe Food Handler Certified
[URL]https://www.facebook.com/pages/Michigan-Custom-Que/327994370697180?sk=timeline[/URL]
ButtBurner is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-24-2013, 12:24 PM   #8
Moose

Name/Nickname : Richard

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC Transplant View Post
We are having a taco day at work next week and I've acquired a reputation for bringing the good stuff, so I don't want to disappoint and ruin my rep. I'm planning on smoking a couple chuck roasts and pulling them. I'm going to rub them in a mix of a fajita rub that I like and a mix of chili peppers that I smoked and dried. Then I'll throw the meat in a crock pot to keep it warm for serving. I've made some peach salsa with tomatoes, onions and peppers that I smoked and plan on making a jalapeno aioli to go with it. Should I mix in any kind of sauce with the meat or leave it alone. I'm leaning towards leaving it alone, but thought I'd ask for advice.
If you are going with soft tacos, you can't go wrong with Barbacoa, which is a savory Mexican style braised beef dish(although usually cooked in the oven). It's normally prepared with goat in Mexico, but here in the US you'll find it prepared more often with beef, and chuck is ideal.

While I personally haven't cooked it yet(it's on my to do list), I've had it numerous times in restaurants, and it's seriously yummy when prepared properly.

I can PM you a recipe if you like.
Moose is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 10-24-2013, 02:40 PM   #9
Diesel Dave

Or you could post it here.....................

Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring ― Marilyn Monroe

Old 10-24-2013, 02:48 PM   #10
Smoking Westy
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel dave View Post
or you could post it here.....................

^^^^^ +1

Old 10-24-2013, 03:12 PM   #11
Moose

Name/Nickname : Richard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel Dave View Post
Or you could post it here.....................
This one in particular intrigues me - I plan to start with this recipe.

Barbacoa Recipe
Moose is online now   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 10-24-2013, 04:11 PM   #12
Diesel Dave

Thank you kindly sir