MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 10-23-2013, 01:36 PM   #1
WildmanWilson
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

Default Inadvertent craigslist find...happy,happy,happy !!

So here is the story...

I go to buy a used fridge on local craigslist for my shop and the guy has it in his basement so I pass after working to get it out. He calls the next day and he says its outside if I still want it. I told him I would give him 80 instead of the 100 he wanted because I have to make a second trip. He said fine....I get there and he has it next to a Holland grill on his patio. Being the outdoor cook I am I ask how he likes it and he said he doesn't use it much and would sell it for $20 if I wanted it. It even had a half full tank of propane so how could I pass. Its the Heritage Plus model and it is in very good shape. Just missing the knobs on the front that will cost about 6 bucks each. It does have the stainless side burner as well. I'm never one of those lucky guys but my time came around today. If I don't like it I think I can get my money back...haha !!

This is about $650 on up new and that's without a propane tank or the stainless side burner. It doesn't look like its been used more than a dozen times. I sprayed it down with water to wash the dust off and fired it up to see how she works and it was in perfect working order. Yee Haw !!!!!

Last edited by WildmanWilson; 10-23-2013 at 01:51 PM..
WildmanWilson is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-23-2013, 01:38 PM   #2
peeps
somebody shut me the fark up.

nice find!
- [B][COLOR="darkorange"]Major[/COLOR][/B] - Mini WSM (from SJS)

[B][COLOR="Blue"]Certified IMBAS MOINK Baller![/COLOR][/B] ([URL="http://bit.ly/1lr5cKx"]Certificate of Authenticity[/URL]) / [B][COLOR="Blue"]Join the fun in the [URL="http://bit.ly/1ew3H57"]Throwdowns[/URL]![/COLOR][/B]
peeps is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-23-2013, 02:10 PM   #3
ShencoSmoke
is One Chatty Farker

For $20 it sounds like u might be the proud owner of a stolen gas grill, the knobs must have fallen off as they threw it the back if the truck!
ShencoSmoke is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-23-2013, 02:25 PM   #4
jeffjenkins1
Babbling Farker

Nice score!

Jeff
18" Weber OTS
Primo Oval XL
NB American Gourmet offset smoker
UDS
Big Chief Smoker
Turkey Fryer
jeffjenkins1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-23-2013, 02:40 PM   #5
WildmanWilson

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShencoSmoke View Post
For $20 it sounds like u might be the proud owner of a stolen gas grill, the knobs must have fallen off as they threw it the back if the truck!
LOL...I don't think its stolen. The guy was old and not the thieving type. It had one knob and I actually lost it on the way home. He also told me where he bought it and I know the place sells them. I just think he didn't like it and wanted it gone. I was in the right place at the right time for once. From what I hear some people love these grills and some hate them. They have a learning curve and he was one that hated it.

Old 10-23-2013, 02:50 PM   #6
ShencoSmoke
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildmanWilson View Post
LOL...I don't think its stolen. The guy was old and not the thieving type. It had one knob and I actually lost it on the way home. He also told me where he bought it and I know the place sells them. I just think he didn't like it and wanted it gone. I was in the right place at the right time for once. From what I hear some people love these grills and some hate them. They have a learning curve and he was one that hated it.
just busting your chops becasue I'm jealous, great find!
ShencoSmoke is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-23-2013, 03:13 PM   #7
cowgirl

Name/Nickname : jeanie

Nice score!

http://cowgirlscountry.blogspot.com/
cowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-23-2013, 03:19 PM   #8
ButtBurner
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShencoSmoke View Post
just busting your chops becasue I'm jealous, great find!
I was thinking you meant HE stole it

nice score!!!
Member Great Lakes BBQ Assn
ServSafe Food Handler Certified
[URL]https://www.facebook.com/pages/Michigan-Custom-Que/327994370697180?sk=timeline[/URL]
ButtBurner is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-23-2013, 03:31 PM   #9
sliding_billy

Name/Nickname : )

Nice.
sliding_billy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-23-2013, 05:22 PM   #10
Button73
Knows what a fatty is.

Nice score!

Old 10-23-2013, 07:30 PM   #11
Garrett
Babbling Farker

Those are some nice grills. The older models have no way of adjusting the temp, is the newer ones the same way?

Old 10-23-2013, 07:31 PM   #12
biggin69
On the road to being a farker

Sweet deal!

Old 10-23-2013, 07:35 PM   #13
DjPorkchop
is one Smokin' Farker

Nice! I love when deals like that come along .... which in my case is very rare to never. ;)

Never be afraid to try something new. Amateurs built the Ark, Professionals built the Titanic
DjPorkchop is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-23-2013, 07:38 PM   #14
IamMadMan

Nice when it all falls together... Great Score
IamMadMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-23-2013, 09:27 PM   #15
WildmanWilson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett View Post
Those are some nice grills. The older models have no way of adjusting the temp, is the newer ones the same way?
Yes they are still like that. Thats part of the learning curve people have trouble with. Its not a fast burger cooker. It's more like an outdoor oven.