Simpson smokey joe

KyleP

Found some matches.
Reaction score
I ran across a Simpson smokey joe today. Some of the ceramic is knocked off but it's not in too bad shape. He was asking $15 sold it to me for $10. I'm pretty happy. Looking forward to a mini wsm build!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 102
I never got into those Simpson's kettles, but ten bucks is a fair deal for any decent SJ, so you did alright, and have a fun little cooker.

CD

Make sure your mini is painted to keep the color scheme! That blue would look sweet!

:clap:

Are you going to put on side air vents or just use the bottom?

I think I will just use the bottom vent. If I run into a lot of problems getting air in I will add side vents. How do you like the Jimmy? Do you have a build page?

Make sure your mini is painted to keep the color scheme! That blue would look sweet!

That would look good. I was thinking either blue or try to find some high temp paint that can be matched but that would probably cost some $$$

Those are cool. I would grab one of those or a 22.5" one in a heartbeat for the right price.

I will probably die before I find one near that price.
I woulda paid more than that for it. congrats !

I think I will just use the bottom vent. If I run into a lot of problems getting air in I will add side vents. How do you like the Jimmy? Do you have a build page?
I did do a thread on it but somehow some of the pics got screwed up with photobucket. I'll do another thread on it.

I did do a thread on it but somehow some of the pics got screwed up with photobucket. I'll do another thread on it.

I was wondering if anyone had made a mini out of one. I'll be watching for the thread. If you don't mind shoot me a pm when it's up.

Back