The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Brethren Sales and Ventures > Brethren Ventures > OakRidge BBQ

Notices

Unread 10-09-2013, 12:41 AM   #16
kcmike
is one Smokin' Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD McGee View Post
Wow! Classy post! I bought some OR from BPS to test drive because I had heard good things about it. Sterling actually shared some tips he had picked up from the BBQ Grapevine in how to use it. One thing he did NOT do was trash it. Proud to be a BPS Elite Team...West Coast Offense Baby!
JD, I genuinely thank you for giving our rubs a try. I greatly appreciate the business. Just to set the record straight, I have never trash-talked any of Sterling's products and I've never heard anything but good things about them. There are many choices in this market space, and it's great that there are so many awesome rubs out there, Big Poppa's being one of them.

I thought it might be fun stirring up a little good, clean rivalry between our teams just for fun while, at the same time, celebrating the great accomplishments our team has enjoyed this year. Had no idea y'all would take it so personally.

I do mean it when I say Good luck out there.

~ Visit Oakridge BBQ ~

Lang 84D
22˝" WSM
Oaklahoma Joe 20x40
22˝" Weber Kettle
kcmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2013, 02:11 AM   #17
kcmike
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by big matt View Post
Nice list..little fun fact though Truebud alone has as many GC's as your whole list..that's just one team..that should say it all right there.
Hey Matt,

Truebud has 15 GC's and 4 RGC this year, according to BBQRace.com. That in its own right is truly outstanding, and you're right, it does say a lot. However, just pointing out a fact (no disrespect intended), for what it's worth, that does not equal as many GC's as our whole team list. And for what it's worth, I also omitted a number of Team Oakridge GC's and RGC's from the first couple months of this year. Not trying to belabor the point, just keeping the facts straight.

Thanks!

~ Visit Oakridge BBQ ~

Lang 84D
22˝" WSM
Oaklahoma Joe 20x40
22˝" Weber Kettle
kcmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2013, 05:09 AM   #18
que_dawg
On the road to being a farker

Mike, I love your products and I will continue to use them on all my categories. Your products have brought a consistency to my turn ins that has been the difference maker for me.

Oh yeah, that little chicken brine that you make is some pretty sweet stuff, too. Every single person that I have turned on to it has gone out of their way to call me and thank me for helping them bring their chicken scores up.
www.facebook.com/superiorsmokers
Head Pitmaster In Charge, Superior Smokers
que_dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from:--->
Unread 10-09-2013, 06:26 AM   #19
IamMadMan
Babbling Farker

I love the Game Changer Brine, it's great....... as well as the rubs...

I wish Big Poppa would carry the larger bags so he could be my one-stop shop. He really makes it worth the effort to shop for everything from him with his free shipping...
Unread 10-09-2013, 07:38 AM   #20
Dan - 3eyzbbq
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmike View Post
Big Papa Elite who??? what??
I read this post and wondered why you would add this to the end it. Occurs to me it might just be an honest question.

Big Poppa Smokers makes great rubs, but the Elite program is so much more than that. For instance he is putting up $15,000 a YEAR to childrens charity in the name of the teams that finish 1st in each category and for the overall. Plus the comradery between the teams in the program is nothing short of amazing. I'm happy to be a part of it all.

You mention "Team Oakridge". I'll be honest and say I don't know what that is. Do you have a similar program?

Extreme BBQ Trailer, Backwoods Competitor, Backwoods Party, WSM, Traegar 124, Yoder YS640
Thanks to our sponsors: The BBQ Guru, Grizzly Coolers, The Ingredients Store (FAB), Yoder Smokers, Big Poppa Smokers (Elite Team), BBQ Bob’s Hav’n a BBQ and Galvinells Meats
Dan - 3eyzbbq is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2013, 08:39 AM   #21
big matt
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Hey Matt,

Truebud has 15 GC's and 4 RGC this year, according to BBQRace.com. That in its own right is truly outstanding, and you're right, it does say a lot. However, just pointing out a fact (no disrespect intended), for what it's worth, that does not equal as many GC's as our whole team list. And for what it's worth, I also omitted a number of Team Oakridge GC's and RGC's from the first couple months of this year. Not trying to belabor the point, just keeping the facts straight.

Thanks!
Like Dan mentioned the BPS Elite program is about helping local kids charities first and foremost..being able to give back is what this program is truly about and all money raised goes directly into the winners community..Mike I understand your proud of your products and the teams you sponsor..that's cool and I get that..what I don't get is the last sentence of your first post..also bbq race is inaccurate I'd suggest using kcbs.com instead..and lastly the reason I mentioned Truebud was because not only do they have 15 GC's they are the #1 team in the country..if we listed all the GC's and RGC's this year from BPS Elite teams you'd really see what domination looks like..team oakridge who?
Facebook:https://m.facebook.com/pages/Leftcoa...440847709&_rdr
Our website:
http://www.leftcoastq.com/Leftcoastq.com/Home.html
big matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from: --->
Unread 10-09-2013, 09:25 AM   #22
DUBBAGA
is one Smokin' Farker

Mike,

I love your products, and plan to start competing in 2014 using them. You have a list of great teams that are winning big using Oakridge, and that is a credit to both you and those teams.

Having said that, and without taking anything away from their accomplishments, the BPS Elite Team is at another level. There is nothing wrong with that, and no doubt many of your teams would like to work their way to that level.

I am not certain what the requirements are to be a member of the BPS Elite Team, but clearly it isn't to use Big Poppa Smokers branded product only. Heck, one of his teams is a major player in the bbq rub market = Simply Marvelous, and the combination of their two products makes up the "West Coast Offense". As Big Poppa Smokers carries Oakridge products, I see no reason why a team such as I.A.B. 30 couldn't continue to be an Oakridge team next year while also being a BPS Elite team in 2014.

I would like to see Big Poppa make a spot open in his King of the Smoker event this December to a team of Mike's choosing, and let the results decide the winner of "Team Oakridge" vs "BPS Elite"

UDS, SJS/Tamale Pot Smoker, Alton Brown Flower Pot Smoker, Blue Ember Gasser, Weber Performer

Member of the Hall of Zero's (Noobians v. Veterans Throwdown)

HELP BIGMISTA GET HIS DREAM! (GoFundMe link)

EPIC BIGMISTA KICKSTARTER/GoFundMe THREAD (link)
DUBBAGA is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2013, 09:40 AM   #23
JD McGee
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
JD, I genuinely thank you for giving our rubs a try. I greatly appreciate the business. Just to set the record straight, I have never trash-talked any of Sterling's products and I've never heard anything but good things about them. There are many choices in this market space, and it's great that there are so many awesome rubs out there, Big Poppa's being one of them.

I thought it might be fun stirring up a little good, clean rivalry between our teams just for fun while, at the same time, celebrating the great accomplishments our team has enjoyed this year. Had no idea y'all would take it so personally.

I do mean it when I say Good luck out there.
Understood...thanks for the clarification. The "BPS Elite who?" comment threw me for a bit of a loop as well. Nothing wrong with pride in your sponsored teams and products... but a little odd to start a rivalry with someone who promotes and sells your product...especially when that person is perhaps the largest/ most popular online BBQ retailer in the nation. Good luck to you as well...
Northwest BBQ Society
We cook on MAK Grills , Big Poppa Drum Smokers, & WSM's
Proudly sponsored by Big Poppa Smokers, Kosmo's Q, Simply Marvelous BBQ, and MAK Grills
JD McGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from: --->
Unread 10-09-2013, 10:04 AM   #24
big brother smoke
somebody shut me the fark up.

Folks always take pot shots when you are on top.

https://www.bigpoppasmokers.com/stor...nufacturer=314