The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, Equipment and just outdoor cookin' in general, hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures... but stay on topic. And watch for that hijacking.

Unread 09-22-2013, 04:23 PM   #1
Sean "Puffy" Coals
is one Smokin' Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Dino Bones & 2 Chuckies cooked like a brisket...

... that was cooked like a chuckie.

Haven't cooked anything in a while so I figured I'd fire up the drum while I work on my other smoker build.

The top chuckie just has S&P on it, the bottom has my Dynamite(TM) Brisket Rub. The 2 racks on the left have my Dynamite(TM) Rib Rub, which my wife really liked last time, and the 2 racks on the right just some coarse salt & pepper, which I really liked last time.

The racks are all totally mutilated by whatever blind amputee cut them, so I'm only gonna smoke them for an hour, hour and a half and then wrap in foil to keep them from drying out and getting too dark.

I post more pics later. Thanks for lookin!

Unread 09-22-2013, 04:25 PM   #2
Diesel Dave
Babbling Farker

Lookin like a tasty dinner there

I'm officially a ZERO
IMBAS Certified MOINK baller
WWGALD

There is NO Secret Squirrel Society
Diesel Dave is online now   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-22-2013, 05:36 PM   #3
jeffturnerjr
is one Smokin' Farker

Gonna look good!

Unread 09-22-2013, 06:34 PM   #4
sliding_billy
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Lots of beef. That's my kind of cook.
sliding_billy is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-24-2013, 09:29 PM   #5
Sean "Puffy" Coals
is one Smokin' Farker

Just now got around to uploading pics of the finished product. Everything came out great!

The ribs were a vast improvement over my first attempt. Apparently beef ribs squeeze a lot of moisture out as they cook/shrink- wrapping them seemed to be the key to keeping them moist, at least in my pit.

I wish I had done the same for the chuckies as they were just a bit on the dry side. The flavor was totally there, tho in both the S&P and the one i used my Brisket rub on. Next time I will definitely wrap and use more Dynamite (tm) Rub on them- I didn't have a lot left so it was applied pretty thin.

Thanks for lookin!

Unread 09-24-2013, 09:46 PM   #6
LoneStarMojo
is one Smokin' Farker

Havent done the dino's yet but they are soon to be tried. I'll have to remember to wrap. Good job and nice looking cook!
cuz it's not the end..."

Modified Char-Griller / Whalen 37.5" King Kettle [url]http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=108709[/url] / Very near future UDS & 6' x 37" 325 gallon offset projects.
LoneStarMojo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
beef, beef ribs, Chuckie, Dino Bones