The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Catering, Food Handling and Awareness

Notices

Catering, Food Handling and Awareness *OnTopic* Forum to educate us on safe food handling. Not specifically for Catering or competition but overall health and keeping our families safe too.

Unread 09-23-2013, 07:51 AM   #1
woodpelletsmoker
is One Chatty Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default I want to open BBQ restaurants with partners

My gravity feed smoker, revised PBC or UDS, BBQ temperature controller have proven successful.

I want to open restaurants with partners

If anyone wants to open a small BBQ restaurant, I would like to be a partner. I can supply 10 pieces of UDS and controller. In turn I want 5 to 10% share of the business depending on your total investment.

When environmental temperature is 80F, I set UDS at 225F,
2 lbs of slump charcoal can burn 10 hours. and The controller will keep it at 225F for 10 hours, Temperature fluctuation is +-1 F.

Hope one day we can have a BBQ brand like McDonald or KFC. Both are very popular in China too.

For technical data please refer to Brethren Sales and Ventures, http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=95
woodpelletsmoker is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-23-2013, 05:47 PM   #2
HBMTN
is One Chatty Farker

You are asking for 5-10% of stake in a new restaurant for supplying 10 pieces of a UDS? Does UDS stand for something other than a drum smoker or am I missing something?
HBMTN is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-23-2013, 06:03 PM   #3
PorkQBBQ
Got Wood.

Dang... Can we export some to China? Maybe, 10, 000 Yuan for a 100lb pallet of cooked pork shoulder?
PorkQBBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-23-2013, 06:24 PM   #4
woodpelletsmoker
is One Chatty Farker

a PBC is $265, I will supply stainless steel PBC with revised burner
BBQ controller same as Nano or Auber, the Golden-DOG $99
total $364
10 pieces are $3640, if 10% is too much, 5% is good too

Unread 09-23-2013, 07:51 PM   #5
HBMTN
is One Chatty Farker

If you are in China things may be much less expensive there and perhaps the deal that you are offering is a good deal there. However if you are offering this to someone here in the U.S the start up costs for a restaurant can be anywhere from $100,000.00 -$500,000.00 and 80-100 hours per week of hard work. This is why I was shocked at the offer you were making and I did not see where you were from.

Unread 09-23-2013, 08:13 PM   #6
woodpelletsmoker
is One Chatty Farker

I said "a small BBQ restaurant".
$100,000 is too much

Unread 09-23-2013, 08:35 PM   #7
HBMTN
is One Chatty Farker

OK good luck with your venture, I hope you are able to make it happen.

Unread 09-23-2013, 09:52 PM   #8
Pyle's BBQ
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodpelletsmoker View Post
Hope one day we can have a BBQ brand like McDonald or KFC. Both are very popular in China too.
I think you need to read the history of both franchises. I don't think what you are offering is anywhere near what is needed to start a restaurant. I know it wouldn't do in my case.

Saddles BBQ Bistro

Μολν λαβέ
Pyle's BBQ is online now   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-23-2013, 10:38 PM   #9
bizznessman
Full Fledged Farker

I see that your location is Bejing China. Is this where the proposed business will be located?

Unread 09-23-2013, 11:06 PM   #10
woodpelletsmoker
is One Chatty Farker

Default No, low&slow smoking does not have market in China

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizznessman View Post
I see that your location is Bejing China. Is this where the proposed business will be located?
There is ONE such BBQ joint in CBD Beijing, which is run by a guy from Texas.
Most chinese people simply do not like the style/taste
We prefer high temp. grilling.

Unread 09-23-2013, 11:07 PM   #11
woodpelletsmoker
is One Chatty Farker

may be I can offer more of stainless steel wares, say table, counter, tray

Unread 09-24-2013, 08:41 AM   #12
acguy
Got Wood.

Your proposal seems a bit "rough". A US investor would have to rely on you to manage the restaurant. You seem to have a feel for what will sell. But, I question you proposed stake as 5%-10%. I wouldn't be comfortable with you having that small of an interest. I suggest a proposal where you are around 40% invested. A foreign investor might be more comfortable in an investment that far away knowing you had a substantial interest in the restaurant's success.
acguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-24-2013, 09:42 AM   #13
woodpelletsmoker
is One Chatty Farker

Default I am a chinese in Beijing,China

Quote:
Originally Posted by acguy View Post
Your proposal seems a bit "rough". A US investor would have to rely on you to manage the restaurant. You seem to have a feel for what will sell. But, I question you proposed stake as 5%-10%. I wouldn't be comfortable with you having that small of an interest. I suggest a proposal where you are around 40% invested. A foreign investor might be more comfortable in an investment that far away knowing you had a substantial interest in the restaurant's success.
I want to be you guys partner of a BBQ joint in States. Not in China.
Low & Slow smoking does not have a market in China

Unread 09-24-2013, 11:23 AM   #14
bizznessman
Full Fledged Farker

As HBMTN stated earlier the start up costs for a U.S. restaurant can be anywhere from $100,000 to $500,000 USD. Even if you are looking at a "small" restaurant the start up costs will probably be a minimum of $50,000 to $100,000.

Your proposal is to supply $3,640 worth of equipment for the venture. This equals approximately a 3% to 7% investment on your part based on the minimum $50K to $100K start up costs.

I agree with acguy. To consider a "money" partner I would require a minimum of around 40% investment which could be around $20K to $40K USD in the States. The proposal as it stands would not be something I would consider here in the States. The stake is too small and those costs can easily be covered by local lenders.

Unread 09-24-2013, 11:32 AM   #15
Teamfour
is One Chatty Farker

Are the Chinese made PBC's being offered even certified for use in a US restaurant?
BWS Party |UDS|Great Outdoors Propane Vertical|Maverick ET-73 |Maverick ET-732 |Super Fast Orange Thermapen | BBQ Guru DigiQ |Two 100 QT crawfish boiling rigs | LEM Meat Grinder | Grizzly Sausage Stuffer

Smokin-n-Style BBQ Team - Pitmaster
Lagniappe Chili Team - Head Cook
KCBS CBJ
MABA Member
Teamfour is offline   Reply With Quote