The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, Equipment and just outdoor cookin' in general, hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures... but stay on topic. And watch for that hijacking.

Unread 09-20-2013, 04:47 PM   #1
twofishy4u
Got Wood.

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default 8lb turkey breast to smoke or ???

I have a 8lb turkey breast thawing as I type this. It has 15% solution in it whatever that is??? Should I smoke this sucker or throw it on the kettle? I've grilled a bunch but I always wanted to smoke one. How long would this take? What temp should I smoke at? Is it worth brining with a 15% mystery solution in it? I'd like to make pulled turkey sandwiches once done.
Thanks guys all your advise has made me a lot better at grilling and smoking. Love this forum.
twofishy4u is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-20-2013, 06:54 PM   #2
sliding_billy
Quintessential Chatty Farker

I would not brine since it already is "enhanced." As to weather to smoke or kettle it... For just the breast, I like to smoke as I think that is where the white meat really shines. I would smoke at 300. 20-25 minutes per pound but watch internal temp.
sliding_billy is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-20-2013, 07:04 PM   #3
IamMadMan
Babbling Farker

I agree with Sliding Billy..... With 15% enhancement is is pre-brined for you.

Unread 09-20-2013, 07:04 PM   #4
Skip
is One Chatty Farker

agreed 300 + and smoke early as it will stop taking smoke quick and then you will soot up the skin. I like to put some butter under the skin.

Swamp Pit BBQ's freeloader

To part or not to part: that is the question. Whether ‘tis nobler in the mind to part and suffer the slings and arrows of ostentatious brothers or to not part when faced with a sea of dissent, and by compromise end it? To part: to succeed. Forever more: and by succeed to say we win.

Yeah it looks good...but how does it smell?

Member of The Big Guns BBQ Team Semper Fumantem

"you're eating tree RAT, tree RAT, you're eating RAT!" -- landarc
Skip is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-20-2013, 07:17 PM   #5
daninnewjersey
is One Chatty Farker

Cover it with olive oil, put some rub on it and smoke it like 325-350. Pull her off when she looks nice and golden brown.....