The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, Equipment and just outdoor cookin' in general, hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures... but stay on topic. And watch for that hijacking.

Unread 09-06-2013, 02:21 PM   #16
gourmand71
Knows what a fatty is.

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel Dave View Post
As said I buy "fresh" cryopac butts, not enhanced. Skin on if they have them.
I like Chris Lily's rub as it is and his injection minus the salt.
I put the rub on and inject late the night before I smoke it. Usually 7hrs or so.
Use cherry here, as I have a ton of it, and smoke for about 4-4.5 hrs then into a tinfoil pan with a little apple juice and cover for the remaining time, about 4.5-5 hrs.
I cook at around 250f.
Rest for about 2 hrs and then pull, not into tiny pieces, or slice.
Enjoy the fruits of my labor.......with cole slaw that is
I can just about taste it, thanks.

Thanks from:--->
Unread 09-06-2013, 03:43 PM   #17
ac30
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

For my butts, I use a rub of Lowrey's, onion powder, paprika, and brown sugar - equal parts. With a horizontal offset, I can put a foil drip pan under them as they cook. While they rest, I take the drippings, pour them into a large glass and skim off the fat. I then add an equal amount of apple juice to the drippings, stir it up good, and pour over my pulled meat and mix it in good. You end up with the juiciest, tastiest pork ever. At least that's what my family and friends tell me...
ac30 is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Unread 09-06-2013, 03:53 PM   #18
BASSER
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac30 View Post
For my butts, I use a rub of Lowrey's, onion powder, paprika, and brown sugar - equal parts. With a horizontal offset, I can put a foil drip pan under them as they cook. While they rest, I take the drippings, pour them into a large glass and skim off the fat. I then add an equal amount of apple juice to the drippings, stir it up good, and pour over my pulled meat and mix it in good. You end up with the juiciest, tastiest pork ever. At least that's what my family and friends tell me...
Now that sounds REAL GOOD

WSM 18.5", Weber Kettle, Thermapen, Maverick ET-732
BASSER is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-06-2013, 06:40 PM   #19
TheWolfePit
On the road to being a farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bludawg View Post
Salt, Smoke, Pull, Salt,AC vinegar, Eat
See.......I love you.......simple, simple and DELICIOUS!
TheWolfePit is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-06-2013, 08:45 PM   #20
gourmand71
Knows what a fatty is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac30 View Post
I'm sold. Dying to try this, and I have a butt in the freezer right this second.