喫煙者
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, Equipment and just outdoor cookin' in general, hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures... but stay on topic. And watch for that hijacking.

Unread 08-21-2013, 10:01 PM   #1
mep
On the road to being a farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Talking I was on BBQ Crawl Tonight

I was at Oklahoma Joe's for lunch on the day they were shooting tonight's episode of BBQ Crawl. I told my friends that they were shooting Danielle of DivaQ but they didn't know who I was talking about.

Anyway, I saw myself in the background a couple of times. My wife got excited and was yelling, "there you are, there you are" each time it happened. Pretty cool!

Thanks from: --->
Unread 08-21-2013, 10:08 PM   #2
mrbill
Full Fledged Farker

your joy is the only happiness I can find in that show. I don't know why, but I can't stand her. but since a brethren got some screen time, I have a smile.

Unread 08-21-2013, 10:29 PM   #3
BBQchef33
Grand Poobah and Site Admin

Downloads: 15
Uploads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbill View Post
your joy is the only happiness I can find in that show. I don't know why, but I can't stand her. but since a brethren got some screen time, I have a smile.

2 brethren got screen time.. Danielle's a long time member here too.

CBJ with a Fuzzy Blue Hat, 18 Foot Competition Trailer, Customized Klose BYC, Custom Klose built MoAB (Mother of All Banderas) passed on to Big Dog, 1 Double Barreled Lang 84, 1 Heavily Modified Bionic Bandera, 1 Custom Super Medium Stickburning Spicewine w/stoker, 1 XL BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 1 Pit Barrel Cooker, 3 WSMs, 3 Weber Kettles, an NB Hondo, A Modified Brinkman Horizontal, DCS 48" Grill, a Broilmaster P3, a covered, pellet pooping FEC100, and our duck died. :(

News Flash:
"A mans worth is judged by the weight of his integrity "

You know your getting older when you choose your cereal for the fiber, not the toy

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM
BBQchef33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->
Unread 08-21-2013, 10:33 PM   #4
mrbill
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQchef33 View Post
2 brethren got screen time.. Danielle's a long time member here too.
open mouth, insert foot

edit- in regards to Smitty's post below, I liked her on Pitmasters so I watched some of the "Crawl" episodes, not sure why, but they just didn't "do it" for me and stopped watching, leading to my previous post. if given the chance to meet her in person, I would. she's definitely accomplished more than I ever will in the BBQ world and maybe w/o editing my view would change.

Unread 08-21-2013, 10:35 PM   #5
SmittyJonz
Babbling Farker

I didn't like her on BBQ PitMasters much ( seemed like a b!+^&) - but I like her on BBQ Crawl and I like the show. She does say "Oh Good Gravy" ALOT tho....LOL
SmittyJonz is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Unread 08-21-2013, 10:47 PM   #6
Tonybel
is Blowin Smoke!

Can you Post a pic of yourself so I can know who to look for...

Unread 08-21-2013, 10:57 PM   #7
foppa78
Knows what a fatty is.

Thats very cool. I was watching closely to see if there was anyone I knew in the background. I was in the background on bbq pitmasters last Sunday when it was filmed here in Lees Summit.
foppa78 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-21-2013, 11:17 PM   #8
mep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonybel View Post
When watching BBQ Crawl, you have to look really fast cause if you blink you will miss it. I'm in the video on this thread that I shot about my Assassin Smoker.

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh....php?p=2559357

foppa78 Thats awesome that you were in the background on Pitmasters.

Unread 08-22-2013, 01:19 AM   #9
DeepElemCue
Full Fledged Farker

Like the show or not, she could kick all of our butts in a competition. Homegirl knows her way around a pit. I think a lot of guys are intimidated by her and her confidence can be mistaken for bitchiness.
DeepElemCue is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Unread 08-22-2013, 02:07 AM   #10
Tom Sr
Got Wood.

Deep I think you nailed it. She's confident and not afraid to talk smack with the boys

Unread 08-22-2013, 05:32 AM   #11
lantern
is one Smokin' Farker

LOL!!! Sounds like when we were on the front row at a ppq wrestling event. Kept getting calls from peeps screaming that they can see us.

Now on to Diva... I absolutely love watching her. To have someone on tv that has the same passion I have for food and bbq is really enjoyable to watch. I hope she wants to and gets the opportunity to be on more shows like this.

For Diva or those that know her.... Are the expressions like "oh good gravy" a regular thing or are they substitutes for what would normally be not so good for tv language? LOL
lantern is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-22-2013, 05:50 AM   #12
Pappy
is Blowin Smoke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonybel View Post
He's the one covered in sauce and licking all of his fingers.

Unread 08-22-2013, 06:27 AM   #13
KingRanch450
is one Smokin' Farker

I was thrilled there was another Q show on TV to watch. Love Diva...she's very passionate about what she does, is rightfully confident in her skills and is very outgoing...I guess some mistake that as something else....people say the same things about Myron. I'd love a chance to meet her in person...I'm betting she's a good ole down to earth lady....even if she is from Canada...aay

Unread 08-22-2013, 06:42 AM   #14
Icekub

She came to our site last year at a comp during the early morning hours. Prior I was not much of a fan b/c I tend to root for the more humble competitor when given a choice (also wasn't a fan of her interaction w/ Vlad, her hubby, when he tossed some rub she needed on pitmasters). BUT, I also remembered that what I saw on TV was what I saw on TV and not the real person. She was quite pleasant to talk with and I decided that she was type of person I'd like to kick back and have a cold one with sometime. And you can't help but respect what she has done in the BBQ world. BBQ crawl captures her personality a little more accurately (albeit another TV show and made to be family friendly). I'm glad the show has been renewed and hope to run into her at another comp.
Icekub is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-22-2013, 07:35 AM   #15
John Bowen
is Blowin Smoke!

She is working hard and paying her dues - I wish her well.

It is always fun to be on site and get in on the fun - don't know why but it is still fun.
John Bowen is offline   Reply With Quote