• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

120 Gal Tank build thread...

Outstanding thread Gents. I am working on my project right now and the like others the trailer was the big hold up for me. Found a used Boat trailer that I am cutting down to work with the rig. I am using the Jambo J5 as a model for my pit design but want to try doing reverse flow to start.

Can you go into some more detail about what you did with respect to flow control under the reverse flow plate? Also any photos I might have missed of the inside of the smoker around your exhaust stack?

Outstanding thread!!

It isn't a reverse flow. I cut a series of tuning plates that carries and distributes the heat across the smoker. Working very well so far.

What exactly do you want to see around the exhaust stacks?

Cheers

Great job

Hey great job. You just inspired me to go ahead and do my one for the smoker. Blessing

So I read this post and i ask,how did your gate hinges hold up?
Reason I ask is I have access to some.i need to modify my offset
Awesome post by the way

So I read this post and i ask,how did your gate hinges hold up?
Reason I ask is I have access to some.i need to modify my offset
Awesome post by the way

Hey Titch, The hinges are still going strong. No issues to speak of at all! :thumb:

Cheers

Ok since this thread is resurrected from the dead... I’m motivated and considering my own build.

I could use the welder at the shop but I’ve been working remotely with this covid business...

Any recommendations on a welder? I’ve seen positive reviews on the Harbor freight options. Or would I be much better off with a Hobart handler 140 or +???

I wouldn’t want to spend a ton of money on a welder but I do like developing and at least hanging on to some of the skills if dabbled with in the past

The Hobart Stickman and Miller Thunderbolt are good options. Hobart seems to be a little cheaper but, it is DC only. :wink:

Back