The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, Equipment and just outdoor cookin' in general, hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures... but stay on topic. And watch for that hijacking.

Unread 07-25-2013, 01:06 PM   #16
Tsevg9
On the road to being a farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

I've been asked a few times to smoke some ribs and things. Most people don't really have a good set up for easy low and slow cooking. Good thing I have a truck and can thrown my UDS and go.

Unread 07-25-2013, 01:09 PM   #17
tnfan47
Got Wood.

I agree. I only cook if I'm asked to. I believe it's your house, your grill.
tnfan47 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-25-2013, 02:28 PM   #18
Maximum Burn
Knows what a fatty is.

come one!!! you must be kidding? are you like teh Buffalo Bills with lousy road record?

fire is fire....SURE it won;lt be as good with cheap charcoal or crap gas all over everything

but that guys is right, it's not my house, have a beer !

buddy, thanks

Unread 07-25-2013, 02:43 PM   #19
Cack
is One Chatty Farker

I've had some friends on mine ask before. I feel more comfortable with my own grill. You know how it's going to cook, and you don't have the "learners" curve.

Red Thermapen, Maverick ET73, Maverick ET72

Check out my all things food (and movies) blog One Nine 3 Blog or at my Facebook Page

If you're a fellow Carolina Brethren come join us and be a part of the region where BBQ was born in America.
Cack is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-25-2013, 02:59 PM   #20
Maximum Burn
Knows what a fatty is.

you KNOW how it's going to cook....with FIRE come on man

Unread 07-25-2013, 04:06 PM   #21
nucornhusker
Babbling Farker

Downloads: 4

I will say thought to those that done want to cook on another cooker, I was asked to cook on a Kamado once when I had never cooked on one before. I was asked to smoke ribs and grill burgers. I wound up buying one a few weeks later after I did my research. I was sold the instant the food was done. And the cook was for over 30 people.

I had said for a long time that I could cook just as good of a burger or steak or whatever on one of my less expensive Weber kettles, well I was wrong.

Sometimes there is a big reward for taking a chance on a new cooker you have no knowledge with.
Yoder Smokers YS1500, Kamado Joe BigJoe & Joe Jr., Yoder Smokers 24" Firepit, Weber: 18.5" OT (L), SJG (AU) & (DI) - Past Cookers: Yoder Smokers YS640 Comp Cart, Kamado Joe Classic, OKJoe's Longhorn, UDS, Weber: Performer(AA), Genesis Gold C(DH), 22.5" OTG(DI), 22.5" OT (L), Traeger Junior, ECB

Runner-up in the 2014 BBQ Brethren Beard Tussle . My Son won the 2014 "peach fuzz" category
IMBAS Certified MOINK Baller
nucornhusker is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Unread 07-25-2013, 04:50 PM   #22
DownHomeQue
is One Chatty Farker

I don't care for Gas Grills.. as long as its Charcoal.. i will give her a go.. well even if its gas.. as long as they are providing the free beer.. and Shade! lol
DownHomeQue is offline   Reply With Quote