MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 07-09-2013, 05:44 PM   #16
cds9333
Full Fledged Farker

Can't say I have had a beef/bacon burger, but the local university sells por-con burgers, which is pork and bacon. They are awesome.

Last edited by cds9333; 07-09-2013 at 05:46 PM.. Reason: Fixing typos
cds9333 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-09-2013, 06:03 PM   #17
caseydog
somebody shut me the fark up.

If I were to incorporate bacon into my burgers, and chop it up, and mix it into ground beef. I don't think you would need to be anywhere near 50/50 if you cook the bacon first.

I'd bet you a dollar that a 80/20 beef to fully cooked bacon bits would give you much more bacon flavor than a 50/50 mix of beef to raw bacon -- maybe even 90/10.

CD
caseydog is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-09-2013, 07:20 PM   #18
Bigbrett
Knows what a fatty is.

I will have to give this a few trial runs. Using different methods. Cause I do love bacon.

Old 07-14-2013, 05:32 PM   #19
SmokeWatcher
is one Smokin' Farker

Just to finish my story...
I made another attempt to create a 50-50 burger. This time I used 93/7 ground beef mixed with the ground bacon and decided to fry it. I definitely smelled the bacon! I was so worried about undercooking the bacon that I ended up overcooking it and drying the burger out...but I could at least taste the bacon this time.

This was a lot of work. Next time I'll just leave the bacon as a topping.

Old 07-14-2013, 11:20 PM   #20
GrillBillie_D
Full Fledged Farker

I had my first 50/50 burger yesterday at a small tavern....honestly, I couldn't really taste the difference between that and a regular burger...until I tried my girlfriends regular burger. The taste was different but it still was not a bacon taste. It was my first, so I did not know what to expect. If you try a regular burger side-by-side with one, you can taste a difference but to me it was not the traditional bacon flavor. To get that, simple but bacon on top or fry it up and mix it in.

Just my .02¢
GrillBillie_D is offline   Reply With Quote