Lobster, bacon wrapped scallops and what for dessert????

oifmarine2003

Babbling Farker
This is my cook thread for the "Let's do the Tubesteak Boogie" throwdown.I tried to come with something original for this throwdown. For starters, I picked up some lobster tail, bacon, scallops, chicken sausages, and potatoes (I ended up not using the potatoes).

I took the two lobster tails and made a v shaped split in the top.

After wrapping the scallops with bacon, I took the scallops, sausages, and lobster and threw them on the grill. The lobster goes top down first.

After about 3 minutes, flip the lobsters over. Add butter to the area of the lobster that you had previously cut out. Cook for 3 more minutes.

After the three minutes, flip the lobster back over to the original position and cook until the tail twists up. This is the signal that it is done.

After pulling the lobsters, I had a few more minutes until the scallops and sausages were done.

Now, this is where things got weird and interesting. I decided to take the tubesteak boogie to a place it is not used to being. I decided to make some cupcakes. Cupcakes? What is weird about cupcakes you say? How about stuffing the cupcake batter in some summer sausage casings! Let me just say this was a MESSY process so I do not have any action shots. I just mixed up regular cupcake batter (I made 3 different flavors) and baked at the recommended temperature.

All in all, this cook turned out really tasty! Thanks for looking!

How did the scallops turn out? I have thought about doing bacon-wraped scallops, but I'm afraid the scallops will be overcooked by the time the bacon is done.

CD

How did the scallops turn out? I have thought about doing bacon-wraped scallops, but I'm afraid the scallops will be overcooked by the time the bacon is done.

CD

I was worried about that as well so I cooked the bacon on its own for a little bit first. I should have cooked it alone longer but they still turned out pretty dang tasty!

Back