Pizza attempt

jsperk

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
I tried some pizza with the kettle pizza for the first time. I got it to hot. I think I added to much wood. Surprisingly the burnt pizza still tasted good.

Also had I known I was going to use this device I would have made different dough a head of time. This dough had evoo in it. Not good for high heat.

I also put a piece of 304 stainless steel over top of the oven to lower the roof.
I also had to take the stone off the feet to get the pizza in.

With some practice it should get better. Pies took about 1:30 to 2 minutes.

Last edited:
Definately looks better than my first attempt did!! Its amazing how much better everything tastes off the grill, I'll bet that second one got devoured. Like anything, it will get better everytime. You're on the right track if your mistakes are still edible!

Did you cook your pizza right on the grate? If so, you need to get some kind of buffer, like a good pizza stone. You want heat, not flames, cooking your pizza.

CD

Did you cook your pizza right on the grate? If so, you need to get some kind of buffer, like a good pizza stone. You want heat, not flames, cooking your pizza.

CD

Take a better look!

CD

I used a stone. The flames died down in the front once the gunk was cleaned of the grate from my last cook. I added the pie once the flames settled.

I used some hickory wood chunks and mahogany. I was told the mahogany burns much hotter. I probably shouldn't have added the extra wood.

Third pie came real good but I didn't get pics.

Back