The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Brethren Sales and Ventures > Brethren Ventures > Gravity Fed smokers and Grills

Notices

Gravity Fed smokers and Grills We are the inventors of these Gravity Fed Smokers and Grills. Innovative and efficient, these BBQ Grills and smokers can burn multi-fuel of charcoal, Wood Pellet, Wood Chunks, Wood Logs and reach temps of 300C or 572 F.

Unread 05-21-2013, 07:29 PM   #181
woodpelletsmoker
is One Chatty Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

I have given up Zigbee
woodpelletsmoker is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2013, 11:33 PM   #182
pixcolor
Knows what a fatty is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodpelletsmoker View Post
we are working hard on V2.
Old buyer can either return and ask for refund
or wait for wGrill V2
V2 will add built-in clock, graphing up to 20 hours, and plug&play connecting to Internet.
I guess I'm a sucker for punishment, so I will wait for V2. Can you do something where we have the option of seeing large numbers instead of the dial?
pixcolor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2013, 11:43 PM   #183
pixcolor
Knows what a fatty is.

Will we still use the same batteries on V2?
Unread 05-21-2013, 11:46 PM   #184
woodpelletsmoker
is One Chatty Farker

1.will use standard mobile phone battery.
question: which is most popular in north American
2.will use big numbers than dials
Unread 05-22-2013, 06:52 PM   #185
woodpelletsmoker
is One Chatty Farker

I feel very sad and sorry that the designer of wGrill and all other controllers died suddenly on April 30. He was just in his late 30's. wish he is well with the God. All softwares have gone with him. wGrill just has a small bug and can not be fixed right now.
I am working hard to find new designers.
Please give me 4 to 12 weeks.
Unread 05-22-2013, 07:26 PM   #186
Ron_L

Downloads: 1

Quote:
I feel very sad and sorry that the designer of wGrill and all other controllers died suddenly on April 30. He was just in his late 30's. wish he is well with the God. All softwares have gone with him. wGrill just has a small bug and can not be fixed right now.
I'm very sorry to hear that and we will all keep him and his family in our thoughts.

Thanks for letting us know and good luck in your search for a new designer.

Unwrap me!
Smoke me!
Eat me!

The Naked Fatty!

FEC-100/BWS Party/Memphis Pro SS/PBC/LBGE X 2/SBGE/Mini BGE/Nomad Pellet-matic/Good-One Model 42/WSM X 2/Cookshack Smokette 008/Weber Performer/Saber Cast 500/Weber Gasser (RIP)/Weber Kettle X 2/Weber Smokey Joe/WGA/UDS/Coffee Roasting Gasser

Remembering a friend
Ron_L is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2013, 07:38 PM   #187
Mark R
Knows what a fatty is.

Quote:
Really? This is May 22nd, you were promising design changes on May 21st - yesterday. The designer died April 30?
Mark R is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2013, 09:27 PM   #188
woodpelletsmoker
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark R View Post
Really? This is May 22nd, you were promising design changes on May 21st - yesterday. The designer died April 30?
Did you buy wGrill, I can refund you now.
Unread 05-23-2013, 09:37 PM   #189
woodpelletsmoker
is One Chatty Farker

Every business can sucess if right people can be found.
Many engineers are good at WIFI.
Many other engineers are good at automation, especially in thermostat/thermometer.
But fewer engineers are both good at WIFI and Thermostat.
and Much less engineers are both good at WIFI and Thermostat while charging affordable price.
If I can find the later, I will continue my business and I will success. If not, I will fail and disappear.
Right now two different teams are doing design. Both promise to be ready in 8 to 12 weeks.
Hope I do not need to try 3rd or 4th team after1 2 weeks.
Unread 05-23-2013, 10:32 PM   #190
pixcolor
Knows what a fatty is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark R View Post
I have dealt with trustedinventor enough to know that he is completely honest and if he says he needs 12 weeks then we will just have to wait. And I'm sure it will be well worth the wait.
Unread 05-24-2013, 01:22 PM   #191
Mark R
Knows what a fatty is.

Quote:
Did you buy wGrill, I can refund you now.
No, but I was watching to see how it went before making a purchase. I already have one of your V1 models (Golden Lion), which I guess I am stuck with now. I would still like to have a WIFI working version of that.
Sorry if I sound skeptical, but I am.

I wash you luck with your engineer search, that may be a tough combination.
Mark R is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2013, 06:48 PM   #192
Amigatec
On the road to being a farker

Being involved with Linux for a few years, I can tell you I understand how these projects work. As with Linux you have thousands of people all around the world working on small projects, and somebody, somewhere is in charge of maintaining each project. then another group takes these projects and combines them into a bigger project, and then an even bigger project.

I don't know how Wang's project is setup, but it sounds like one group is working on the WIFI part, and another is working on the Thermometer part, and maybe somebody is working on building the cases. It's just like any project, it's a team effort.
Amigatec is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2013, 08:02 PM   #193
Hedgeley
Knows what a fatty is.

Default Worth waiting for?

"Designer died in a plane crash."

Did you buy wGrill, I can refund you now."

Sounds like a hard row to hoe.
I tell you what. I've used the wGrill a couple of times. I (and most of us) knew this was a new venture based on some previous experience. I'm new to the site, but was willing to try the thing.
I think this thing shows some real promise. The probes are accurate, but the connections might need some work. I haven't even got batteries for it yet (btw, did anyone confirm which ones are needed? Last I heard there was an "indent" on the right ones.) Would like to see a better (metal) case with some way to attach it somewhere. I'm in for V2. I'm having more troubles keeping temperature on my smoker than learning to use this thing. But I highly recommend getting a technical writer to write the manual for rest of us (more or less) normal people.
Thanks
Hedge
Hedgeley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2013, 09:09 PM   #194
woodpelletsmoker
is One Chatty Farker

On April 28 we had long discussion about upgrading all things, and on April 30 noon, I was told my great designer died at 2:00 in the morning. Wish he is all good with the God.
Now One team works on thermometer and the other team works on thermostat.
If thermostat success, it is very easy to degraded to a thermometer.
hope at least one of them can success
Regarding WIFI connection to internet, I ask new designer to do it as simple as Plug-and-Play, the user needs only input username and password. I am told technically it is possible. Be honest, I am worrying that you guys may have different ways to access to Internet, and whether new design can suit for all users environmental or not.
We will see in 8 to 12 weeks
Unread 05-28-2013, 10:03 PM   #195
Ron_L

Downloads: 1

Quote:
Regarding WIFI connection to internet, I ask new designer to do it as simple as Plug-and-Play, the user needs only input username and password. I am told technically it is possible. Be honest, I am worrying that you guys may have different ways to access to Internet, and whether new design can suit for all users environmental or not.
I've mentioned this before, both here and in PM. Forget about the Internet. Design the product so it will connect to the most common Wifi access points/routers on the market. AT&T uses a 2Wire Home Gateway and others use Linksys, D-Link and Netgear. There may be others. The thermometer needs to be able to connect to wireless LANs using the most common encryption protocols and with an open network. V1 doesn't do this. Once the unit can connect to these networks then the connection to the internet can be done by anyone familiar with setting up these routers. That part should not be part of your product.

Look at the CyberQ Wifi. It doesn't address connecting to the internet, but many users have done this on their own. The CyberQ Wifi supports the following...
  • Built in Wifi Web Server allows remote access from your mobile device or PC
  • 2.4 GHz, IEEE Std. 802.11b™, Wi-Fi® certified (WFA ID: WFA7150)

and for the wireless security it supports...
  • WEP - Wired Equivalent Privacy. Supposed to give roughly the same level of security as a wired network. This was the original
  • security setting on wireless networks. In the CyberQ Wifi it must be a value containing the characters 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E,F
  • (hexadecimal value). WEP 40 requires 10 Characters, WEP104 requires 26 characters.
  • WPA - Wi-Fi Protected Access. Provides better encryption than WEP and also has user authentication.
  • WPA2 - a more secure version of WPA which provides "government grade" security. There are two versions of WPA2 - Personal &
  • Enterprise.
  • WPA AUTO – Automatically selects a WPA or WPA2 network
  • WPA or WPA2 PASS – Uses a pass phrase instead of hex values.
  • OPEN – No Encryption pass required.

Support the same thing and the product will be able to connect to just about any wireless LAN.

Unwrap me!
Smoke me!
Eat me!

The Naked Fatty!

FEC-100/BWS Party/Memphis Pro SS/PBC/LBGE X 2/SBGE/Mini BGE/Nomad Pellet-matic/Good-One Model 42/WSM X 2/Cookshack Smokette 008/Weber Performer/Saber Cast 500/Weber Gasser (RIP)/Weber Kettle X 2/Weber Smokey Joe/WGA/UDS/Coffee Roasting Gasser

Remembering a friend
Ron_L is online now   Reply With Quote