The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Brethren Sales and Ventures > Brethren Ventures > Gravity Fed smokers and Grills

Notices

Gravity Fed smokers and Grills We are the inventors of these Gravity Fed Smokers and Grills. Innovative and efficient, these BBQ Grills and smokers can burn multi-fuel of charcoal, Wood Pellet, Wood Chunks, Wood Logs and reach temps of 300C or 572 F.

Unread 05-09-2013, 12:14 PM   #31
chiefsr
Found some matches.

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Does anyone have PID values for the Webber Smokey Mountain 22.5"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodpelletsmoker View Post
1.You may need to set a different value of Udc to change maximum speed of fan.
2.You need to hand tune P.I.D.
3.press button of ">" and hold a few seconds, you will find F-C option, click ">" a few times, you will find "Udc". set its value and press ">" again and hold till back to normal display
4.press button of ">" and hold even long time after "F-C", you will find P, I ,D, change their values, press again ">" and hold till normal display.
5. Indeed its a trial and error process. Different smokers will have different PID and Udc.
Every users need to find by himself.
chiefsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2013, 05:38 PM   #32
ChrisH
Got Wood.

I thought I would write an update to my review now I have had my Lion for over a year now.

I really do like it, and I use it every time I smoke (a couple of times a month, year round). I must have 20 or 30 smoke sessions out of it and it has never let me down, I am very comfortable with its setup and use, if not a little cumbersome. The build quality feels great, it seems to run pretty hot but definitely feels solid. I compared it to a buddy's Auber, the Lion definitely is better built.

I have given my web address to guests the night before a meat fest to whet their appetites in anticipation. The combination of my UDS and my Lion produces some of the best BBQ I have ever eaten, and it is hassle free.

I have yet to get the PID settings dialed in exactly, but it works well enough. At a desired temperature of 225, I normally get a swing of -2F +15F. As soon as the temp drops below the desired temp, the fan kicks on (hence only losing -2), but it seems to blow too hard for too long, thus overshooting by 10-15 degrees of so. I can live with the swing, and compromise by setting the desired temperature, 5 degrees or so below where I actually want it. This seems to work ok, and the great thing is that it will work for 10+ hours without any interference from me.

I honestly feel fine setting it up, going to bed for 8 hours or so, and waking up to find it chugging along roughly where I left it. I am sure with a little more tuning I could get it a lot more precise, I guess I'm not that worried - I would rather be doing something else while it smokes!

As I said earlier, setting it up was a bear, and I hope I never have to do that again. I wrote some pretty detailed instructions in another post, I will try to copy them over to his thread.

I will get some action shots next time I smoke.
ChrisH is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2013, 06:29 PM   #33
woodpelletsmoker
is One Chatty Farker

1.You need to fine tune P,I,D. This is a trial and error process.
2.Overshooting may be due to bigger fan. You can set Hdc as 80%, 60%,40%,just lower maximum capacity of fan.
3.In new design it will be plug&play connecting to Internet
woodpelletsmoker is online now   Reply With Quote