Contest Announcment Firin' Up the Fox - July 5, 6 & 7, 2013

A few announcements

We have a few announcements coming out in the near future...

We have an new exciting sponsor to announce...

We've partnered with a local charity with proceeds going to them...

We may be adding another category to our contest....

Watch here for more details...

Don't forget we have BBQ 101 and 102 classes in April, and CBJ classes in May.

5 Days left to save $40 on KCBS Registration

5 Days left to save $40 on KCBS contest registration...

discount code ( march2013 ) good until the end of March, 2013, saves $40

Like Us on Facebook

If we get 100 likes by the end of March - we'll give out free People's Choice tastings..

Like Firin' Up the Fox BBQ Contest on Facebook and share with your friends.

not making it eigther madison is same weekend 35 min away maybe next year happy to see comps in area,

I have to say for me I'm pretty excited about this competition. This contest to me has memories and it's close to home. This was my first KCBS competition ever and I managed to get 2 walks, finished in the top 1/2 and took rookie of the contest. Scottie came over to help set me straight on a few things and as I was in the middle of getting things prepped Friday night, who came over to stop by and say hi...Dr. BBQ. His was the first BBQ book I bought, so this was an awesome surprise for me. Despite the rough start this contest thread, I for one, Kevin, am looking forward to it.

View attachment 77603

Last edited:
I have to say for me I'm pretty excited about this competition. This contest to me has memories and it's close to home. This was my first KCBS competition ever and I managed to get 2 walks, finished in the top 1/2 and took rookie of the contest. Scottie came over to help set me straight on a few things and as I was in the middle of getting things prepped Friday night, who came over to stop by and say hi...Dr. BBQ. His was the first BBQ book I bought, so this was an awesome surprise for me. Despite the rough start this contest thread, I for one, Kevin, am looking forward to it.

View attachment 77603

Man meeting me should be on the list and you left out you took a nap and your people's choice butts were done at 3am....

What that picture doesn't show is all my Jack that Ray drank!!!! :)

Two Announcements

Firin' Up the Fox Supports LivingWell

We are excited to announce that some of the proceeds from our contest will benefit the LivingWell Cancer Resource Center in Geneva, Illinois.

http://www.livingwellcrc.org/

"LivingWell serves as a vital component to comprehensive cancer care and stands as a gathering place that provides comfort and community to anyone experiencing the effects of cancer.

Our hope is that program participants will feel less alone, better informed, more hopeful, and empowered to take on the challenge of facing cancer by participating in programs and services offered by LivingWell."

Firin' Up the Fox Selected to participate in Ranchers Reserve Beef Cup with $2,100 in Prize Money

We are also excited to announce our participation in the Ranchers Reserve Beef Cup for 2013. This will include the addition of another category during the KCBS Contest and it will have $2,100 in prize money. For more details please see the KCBS website .

http://www.kcbs.us/rancherspoints.php

Being that the KCBS website is down, any chance you could explain this Ranchers Reserve Beef Cup please.

Firin' Up the Fox Supports LivingWell

We are excited to announce that some of the proceeds from our contest will benefit the LivingWell Cancer Resource Center in Geneva, Illinois.

http://www.livingwellcrc.org/

"LivingWell serves as a vital component to comprehensive cancer care and stands as a gathering place that provides comfort and community to anyone experiencing the effects of cancer.

Our hope is that program participants will feel less alone, better informed, more hopeful, and empowered to take on the challenge of facing cancer by participating in programs and services offered by LivingWell."

Thanks for doing this! The folks at Living Well are great and their center is beautiful! I've teken advantage of some of their sessions and services. It's great resource for cancer patients, survivors and caregivers.

This is actually easier than the last time they did this. Previously, we had to go to a specific store near the venue. Trouble was, nobody at that store seemed to know anything about it! This time looks like all we need is the store receipt and the confirmation code provided at registration! EZPZ:thumb:

you are correct - just need a receipt, however we are going to be attempting to work closely with the Dominicks in Geneva, IL to make sure they are aware and well stocked.

Had a schedule change and now we are going to be able to make this cook!!! Any chance there is a new brethren discount code? Thanks and we are looking forward to it.

Back