The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Brethren Sales and Ventures > Brethren Ventures > Gravity Fed smokers and Grills

Notices

Gravity Fed smokers and Grills We are the inventors of these Gravity Fed Smokers and Grills. Innovative and efficient, these BBQ Grills and smokers can burn multi-fuel of charcoal, Wood Pellet, Wood Chunks, Wood Logs and reach temps of 300C or 572 F.

Unread 05-07-2013, 02:48 AM   #121
Amigatec
On the road to being a farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodpelletsmoker View Post

http://allchinas.com/wgrill/screen.jpg
size of screen on my notebook 14"

I get this screen, I can access it at 192.168.10.10 only. When I change to infrastructure mode, and change the IP address, the link light will come on go out and it just beeps. It has never connected to my WIFI network.
Amigatec is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2013, 04:38 AM   #122
Amigatec

Also is DHCP for adhoc mode, or for infrastructure mode?

If its for infrastructure mode how do you find which IP address wgrill is using?

Here is what I have tried.

I switch to infra mode and change the IP address, net mask, gateway, and DNS to match my network.

I use WEP64 on my network and I add the key, I have tried WEP128 and tried your key as well. It also appears the wGrill is set for WEP128, because the key is 13 numbers in length. WEP64 uses 5 to 10.

I have tried changing the SSID to match my network. I have tried it with no SSID.

I tried changing the SSID on my network.

It also appears the DHCP in wGrill is assigning addresses when in infra mode as well, but its not using the address info I added.

When in adhoc mode it may or may not connect to my iPad or my Mac Mini. It has never connect to my wireless access point. The infra mode just doesn't work.

My othe wifi devices connect to my network fine.

Also when it does connect the link light goes out, and it does not assign any DHCP info.
Unread 05-07-2013, 11:08 AM   #123
Will work for bbq
Babbling Farker

Downloads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toronto View Post
I assume you are using Safari?
Have you tried to access the wGrill with another device?
With the info you provided it seems that you were able to see the wGrill and connect to it but not access it.
Yes thanks, I was using Safari and Chrome at work. I was finally able to link with it at home both on my iPhone and my laptop but it was hit or miss with the connection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amigatec View Post
I am having almost the same problem. I can connect it in adhoc mode most of the time, but I can not get it to connect in infra mode. I have tried just about everything I can to get to connect, but nothing.
Same here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron_L View Post
Amigatec and WWFB are not talking about accessing it from the internet. They are trying to use infrastructure mode to put it onto their own Wifi network. This is not accessing it from the internet.
That's correct Ron, in adhoc mode I have to disconnect if I want to surf the web. Also it would be awesome if it could be accessed on the internet, one of the things that I hoped I could do is monitor my beer fermentation temperatures from work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moontz View Post
@woodpellet - any interest in integrating w/ the pit pal android app? would be quick for us to do if you are interested.
brian
That would be awesome, the display on my iPhone is too small to really be useful it's not scaled down and you have to zoom and move the display around to make changes to settings. For that reason I don't think you can really compare it to iGrill, yes it is great on the PC. If I can figure out infra mode maybe I can get it to work with my Kindle.

Quote:
to avoid confusion as with LION, I tried not to say anything about accessing wGrill to Internet via a Router. It is a hiden and added feature for smart user.
I do promise WIFI and to be viewed by smart phone laptop PC.
While I wouldn't consider myself a smart user I'm capable of figuring stuff out with some direction.

Agent 000 (Double O Zero)
Certified MOINK Baller
CLICK HERE to visit the BBQ Brethren Throwdowns
When all else fails just ask yourself, WWGALD???
Super sexy Farkernaut Avatar by N8man
Will work for bbq is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2013, 11:51 AM   #124
Ron_L

Downloads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amigatec View Post
Also is DHCP for adhoc mode, or for infrastructure mode?

If its for infrastructure mode how do you find which IP address wgrill is using?

Here is what I have tried.

I switch to infra mode and change the IP address, net mask, gateway, and DNS to match my network.

I use WEP64 on my network and I add the key, I have tried WEP128 and tried your key as well. It also appears the wGrill is set for WEP128, because the key is 13 numbers in length. WEP64 uses 5 to 10.

I have tried changing the SSID to match my network. I have tried it with no SSID.

I tried changing the SSID on my network.

It also appears the DHCP in wGrill is assigning addresses when in infra mode as well, but its not using the address info I added.

When in adhoc mode it may or may not connect to my iPad or my Mac Mini. It has never connect to my wireless access point. The infra mode just doesn't work.

My othe wifi devices connect to my network fine.

Also when it does connect the link light goes out, and it does not assign any DHCP info.
I don't have mine yet, so I haven't had a chance to play with it, but in looking at the screens that Wang posted, you should just enable Infrastructure mode, enter the SSID for you home network, enter the WEP key (assuming that your network supports 64 or 128 bit WEP and and ascii passkey, which is not always the case.) and the wGrill should join your network. This info is case sensitive.

Let's assume that this works. Next is the IP Address side of things. If DHCP Enable is checked any information entered in the boxes below that will be ignored and the wGrill will pick up the IP address info from your router. You should be able to determine the IP address that was assigned from your router's web UI.

If DHCP Enable is not checked then the device should use the information entered in the boxes below, and is those match your home network you should be able to reach the wGrill at the specified IP address.

If you've done all of this and the wGrill doesn't join your network and either pick up an address or use the assigned address, then there is a problem with the device.

Unwrap me!
Smoke me!
Eat me!

The Naked Fatty!

FEC-100/BWS Party/Memphis Pro SS/PBC/LBGE X 2/SBGE/Mini BGE/Nomad Pellet-matic/Good-One Model 42/WSM X 2/Cookshack Smokette 008/Weber Performer/Saber Cast 500/Weber Gasser (RIP)/Weber Kettle X 2/Weber Smokey Joe/WGA/UDS/Coffee Roasting Gasser

Remembering a friend
Ron_L is online now   Reply With Quote
Thanks from:--->
Unread 05-07-2013, 11:52 AM   #125
Ron_L

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will work for bbq View Post
That's correct Ron, in adhoc mode I have to disconnect if I want to surf the web. Also it would be awesome if it could be accessed on the internet, one of the things that I hoped I could do is monitor my beer fermentation temperatures from work.
Once the device is on your home network and reachable there making it accessible from the internet is possible. All of that configuration does not involve the wGrill and is done on your router. The specifics os that config depends on the router brand and model.

Unwrap me!
Smoke me!
Eat me!

The Naked Fatty!

FEC-100/BWS Party/Memphis Pro SS/PBC/LBGE X 2/SBGE/Mini BGE/Nomad Pellet-matic/Good-One Model 42/WSM X 2/Cookshack Smokette 008/Weber Performer/Saber Cast 500/Weber Gasser (RIP)/Weber Kettle X 2/Weber Smokey Joe/WGA/UDS/Coffee Roasting Gasser

Remembering a friend
Thanks from:--->
Unread 05-07-2013, 01:12 PM   #126
deepsouth
somebody shut me the fark up.

worst case scenairo on this for me is, i can't get any of that internet connectivity ish to work, but i'll still have a nice two probe thermometer, which i don't have now.

είναι το είδος.
deepsouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2013, 05:40 PM   #127
Amigatec

The problem I was having was after changing the settings, it still wouldn't connect.

I'll try it again, I'm not a computer novice, but I believe the devise is defective.
Unread 05-07-2013, 07:19 PM   #128
Amigatec

I have tried at again, and all I'm getting is the beep light stays lit, and the link light will stay lit for maybe. 30 sec, it then will beep, go out, come back on blink for a few seconds, light up. And repeats this process.

It never connects so the DHCP server never assigns any numbers to it. And nothing shows up in the router logs.

In adhoc it works fine.

I might add that I do not have batteries in the unit, I am running it off the power supply. I don't think that would affect it.
Unread 05-07-2013, 11:51 PM   #129
daveinwestmont

Quote:
1.at least WIFI has longer distance than bluetooth
2."the screen is to small so not very useful.", can you send me a photography. It is clear enough on my laptop
3.I will develop zGrill, then Zigbee will have much long distance

The screen on my Itouch is small and isn't very usefull.
Unread 05-08-2013, 12:49 AM   #130
woodpelletsmoker
is One Chatty Farker

Dear all buyers,
I tested wGrill on my notebook, not on smart phone.
I did not realize size of graphing.
I will send you V2 in a few weeks.
woodpelletsmoker is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2013, 07:08 PM   #131
Amigatec

Default Upgrade suggestions

Here is a list of possible upgrades you might consider for future versions of WGrill.

1. Add a CAT5 port, there are several things this would be useful for. Easy configuration. In my case my smoker is close enough I can run CAT5 to it.
2. Upgrade via flash ROM, or by replacing a chip on the board. If CAT5 was included, it would make flashing the ROM easy.
3. Ability to export the graph data. IGrill does this in either PDF or CSV format.
4. Add email support. So you can get alerts when events happen. IGrill uses the mail app to do this,a program like sendemail would work fine. http://caspian.dotconf.net/menu/Software/SendEmail/
5. Preset temperatures. IGrill has this. They use presets for beef, pork, chicken, then use rare, medium, well, etc.
6. Settings for high and low temperature range. IGrill has this.
7. Maybe a hook to hang the wGrill from. IGrill has this.

As far as the WIFI settings,

1. Ability to change from WEP64 to WEP128, or turn it off. This will make it easier to test.
2. Maybe a way to use DHCP with manual IP address setting. OSX has this, and it works fine.
3. Maybe a way to interface this with your Lion controller, something as simple as a short data cable. Then the option in the network settings to switch this on.
4. Upgrade to 802.11n for better range.

I may be able to come up with so more later. As far as the rest, the probes are of much better quality than iGrill, and the case is much better looking.
Unread 05-10-2013, 09:16 AM   #132
deepsouth

i got my wgrill this morning.

i'm at the office and not at home with my pc, but i went ahead and plugged in the wgrill and installed the batteries to be charging.

my iphone immediately found it and i used the '1234567890123' password and then went to 192.168.10.10 and BOOM... there is the graph and the two temp gauges at the bottom!!!!!

i was worried i wouldn't be able to read it remotely, but it worked out the box.

είναι το είδος.
Unread 05-10-2013, 09:50 AM   #133
deepsouth

one thing i've noticed is a slight hiss coming from the unit when plugged in.

edit: i unplugged it for about a half hour and plugged it back in and no hiss.

είναι το είδος.
Unread 05-12-2013, 11:08 AM   #134
Ron_L

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepsouth View Post
i got my wgrill this morning.

i'm at the office and not at home with my pc, but i went ahead and plugged in the wgrill and installed the batteries to be charging.

my iphone immediately found it and i used the '1234567890123' password and then went to 192.168.10.10 and BOOM... there is the graph and the two temp gauges at the bottom!!!!!

i was worried i wouldn't be able to read it remotely, but it worked out the box.
Yeah... That seems to work fine. Where folks are having problems is getting the unit onto an existing network.

Mine arrived during the week while I was out of town. I'm debating not even opening the box if a new version is coming out soon.

Unwrap me!
Smoke me!
Eat me!

The Naked Fatty!

Remembering a friend
Unread 05-12-2013, 11:24 AM   #135
deepsouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron_L View Post
Yeah... That seems to work fine. Where folks are having problems is getting the unit onto an existing network.

Mine arrived during the week while I was out of town. I'm debating not even opening the box if a new version is coming out soon.

i'm not real crafty like that anymore.

if v2 is much better, i'll probably give this to my dad (he doesn't even use a computer, so this would be perfect for him) and check out v2, although i'd still likely not connect it to my pc, opting for my phone which i have on me all the time or the ipad, which is usually just laying around unused.

είναι το είδος.